Moparts

Slap Stick Experts Stop In!

Posted By: WyleECoyote

Slap Stick Experts Stop In! - 05/08/14 12:16 AM

My first slapstick car; 71 Super Bee.
I haven't taken anything apart yet but thought I'd ask in advance if anyone knows what I'm going to find when I do.

Misalignment of the indicator plate and the console top plate. Will this be as easy as loosening some bolts, realign and tighten or will I be finding a broken mess in there?

Posted By: DaytonaTurbo

Re: Slap Stick Experts Stop In! - 05/08/14 12:20 AM

if memory serves, yes there is some travel but you will need to take the mounting screws out fully before restarting.
Posted By: RSNOMO

Re: Slap Stick Experts Stop In! - 05/08/14 02:07 AM

Once you pull the finish plate, you'll see the console is mounted to brackets on the floor tunnel...

You MIGHT get a little adjustment there...

Hafta' pull it down and see what you got...
Posted By: burdar

Re: Slap Stick Experts Stop In! - 05/08/14 02:12 AM

My guess is that it was that way from the very beginning. That is a little extreme but they never fit very well from the factory.
Posted By: WyleECoyote

Re: Slap Stick Experts Stop In! - 05/08/14 02:15 AM

Quote:

My guess is that it was that way from the very beginning. That is a little extreme but they never fit very well from the factory.

Right, that wouldn't be all that too surprising to find out that's the way it rolled off the line. I'll be taking a look at it tomorrow. I'll update the post as I go - in case it helps someone else in the future.
Posted By: hunterstroble

Re: Slap Stick Experts Stop In! - 05/08/14 04:52 AM

On my challenger I had about an inch total of movment I could compensate for on the console to floor tunnel brackets. Should be able to line it up fine.
© 2024 Moparts Forums