Moparts

New way to chrome bumpers and other items

Posted By: wesgtx440

New way to chrome bumpers and other items - 05/06/14 07:57 PM

Found this online. Anyone tried this before? Seems like a neat way to go on a budget.

http://www.alsacorp.com/strechchrome/index.html
Posted By: TJP

Re: New way to chrome bumpers and other items - 05/07/14 04:39 AM

For the real deal, IE CHROME, there is only ONE way that I'm aware of, and that involves $$$.
Posted By: Yellow Fever

Re: New way to chrome bumpers and other items - 05/07/14 05:14 AM

I wonder how it would look with bumpers chromed the car color, kind of like the elastomeric but shiny.
Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: New way to chrome bumpers and other items - 05/07/14 07:24 AM

There's a place that does wraps near here that has a Grand Cherokee that's "Chrome" wrapped.

It's not really my thing, but I was thinking that someone that has fiberglass bumpers could get them to look like "Chrome" if the had them wrapped like that.

I've been thinking about having the lower part of my car wrapped in a satin black.
I don't care too much for the silver and like the look of the lower part being black like a 69 GTX.

I could just paint it but since it's still the original paint I kinda hate to do that.
I'd add the red reflective pinstripe too.
If I had it wrapped black I could remove it at a later date if I chose to.
Posted By: Commando1

Re: New way to chrome bumpers and other items - 05/07/14 01:36 PM

Anything Justin Bieber does, I absolutely will not do.

Posted By: floridian

Re: New way to chrome bumpers and other items - 05/07/14 05:56 PM

I believe the Gas monkeys did a car with this....

Justin Bieber.. One of the lady comedians mimicked him one night on SNL.. LMAO
Posted By: Pyper70

Re: New way to chrome bumpers and other items - 05/07/14 06:51 PM

There is no deep luster with vinyl. You might get lucky with gloss colors but I think its too....Dubai-Sheikh-ish

How about water transfer chrome on to your bumper and then apply a clear coat to it...why even chrome...why not body color or some wicked design?
© 2024 Moparts Forums