Moparts

1969 Dart GTS Grill and headlight bezel question

Posted By: mopfried

1969 Dart GTS Grill and headlight bezel question - 04/23/14 01:31 PM

My GTS is just a few days from paint!! I have a nice grill and headlight bezels that I need to black out like the GTS is supposed to be?? That's my question. I have searched the net and find them not blacked out, and blacked out except the center of the grill and a square above and below the center section. I have also found the headlight bezels with the bright bars on the outside of the headlight, and with that area completely blacked out..... What is correct for a CA built 69 GTS 340 auto with air?
Posted By: Pntastar69

Re: 1969 Dart GTS Grill and headlight bezel question - 04/23/14 01:55 PM

Like this

Attached picture 8121678-Dscn1119.jpg
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: 1969 Dart GTS Grill and headlight bezel question - 04/23/14 01:56 PM

No matter what you see ALL 69 GTS's were blacked out EXCEPT for the two bands second from the top and bottom and around the center of the grille. The bezels also followed the same pattern. I will find a pic and put it on later.

Re: 1969 Dart GTS Grill and headlight bezel question - 04/23/14 03:12 PM

Thank you thank you!!

Re: 1969 Dart GTS Grill and headlight bezel question - 04/24/14 01:04 AM

Take a look at the GTS Registry, the first page has a green 69 GTS with a good picture of the grille!

http://gtsregistry.com/
Posted By: GO_Fish

Re: 1969 Dart GTS Grill and headlight bezel question - 04/24/14 01:58 AM

Is the middle horizontal bar and the flat surface at the bottom of the grill supposed to be Argent, or natural? If Argent, how does that transition into the bezels?? Mine are natural now, but the grill and bezel had been stripped and incorrectly painted when I bought the car.

Rhino, that green car you referenced has red hood vents, never seen that before. Is that a big block thing, or just incorrect?

Re: 1969 Dart GTS Grill and headlight bezel question - 04/24/14 03:35 AM

Yep, the red in the inserts is incorrect, but looks pretty cool! The center of the grille and the bottom are argent. I can take a close-up pic for reference if you need it.

Re: 1969 Dart GTS Grill and headlight bezel question - 04/24/14 03:58 AM

Sure! a picture or 2 of how the Argent transitions into the bezel would be extremely helpful. It will bring my GTS another notch closer to OE glory!

Re: 1969 Dart GTS Grill and headlight bezel question - 05/02/14 03:40 AM

Hey Rhino, where'd you go?

Re: 1969 Dart GTS Grill and headlight bezel question - 05/02/14 03:51 AM

Quote:

Yep, the red in the inserts is incorrect, but looks pretty cool! The center of the grille and the bottom are argent. I can take a close-up pic for reference if you need it.

What would be a good source of black and argent paint for redoing my gts Grill?
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: 1969 Dart GTS Grill and headlight bezel question - 05/02/14 08:35 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Krylon Dull Aluminum #1403

Krylon OSHA black #1770 (industrial line)

Re: 1969 Dart GTS Grill and headlight bezel question - 05/02/14 01:55 PM

Quote:

Hey Rhino, where'd you go?

Sorry about that, working a real job is kicking my [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean]! I hope to get to the shop this weekend and get those pics, as I only have 6 weeks to wind it down and get out!

Re: 1969 Dart GTS Grill and headlight bezel question - 05/03/14 06:04 AM

It's OK, slipped my mind several days also until I got thinking back. Real job is good!

Re: 1969 Dart GTS Grill and headlight bezel question - 05/06/14 01:44 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Krylon Dull Aluminum #1403

Krylon OSHA black #1770 (industrial line)

I found O'Reilly carries the Krylon dull aluminum #1403 and MSC has OSHA black 1770... but it is listed as gloss black? It that correct?
© 2024 Moparts Forums