Moparts

dodge ram radio CD displays ERR

Posted By: mopars4ever

dodge ram radio CD displays ERR - 12/28/08 03:20 AM

I recently bought a used replacement am/fm cd radio off ebay for my 97 dodge ram. The cd player won`t work. AM/FM does work. It displays "ERR" when I insert the CD. Is this radio possibly locked and I need a code? Has anyone taken the radio apart to clean? If so, what do I clean or lube?Please help. Mike
Posted By: megajoltman

Re: dodge ram radio CD displays ERR - 12/28/08 03:48 AM

I have in the past used an PC Air blaster Duster, shot it in the cd slot and that seemed to clean the lens on the Lazer.
Posted By: earlybee

Re: dodge ram radio CD displays ERR - 12/28/08 04:12 AM

http://dodgeram.info/tsb/2003/08-028-03.htm
Posted By: gch

Re: dodge ram radio CD displays ERR - 12/28/08 03:57 PM

Quote:

I recently bought a used replacement am/fm cd radio off ebay for my 97 dodge ram. The cd player won`t work. AM/FM does work. It displays "ERR" when I insert the CD. Is this radio possibly locked and I need a code? Has anyone taken the radio apart to clean? If so, what do I clean or lube?Please help. Mike

Did you put a Barry Manilow cd in there??

Re: dodge ram radio CD displays ERR - 12/28/08 04:24 PM

Quote:

Did you put a Barry Manilow cd in there??

Yes, how did you know?

Re: dodge ram radio CD displays ERR - 12/28/08 04:37 PM

I forgot to mention the cd player in the radio when first installed that day did play and I tried again the next day and that is when the ERR message came up. I have since tried multiple cd`s with no success. Mike

Re: dodge ram radio CD displays ERR - 12/28/08 05:55 PM

Update: I went out today with a disk cleaner and the dust spray. After many tries I got the disk cleaner to spin and finally the cd player is working. I don`t know for how long. It is does seem to take a long delay between songs though.
© 2024 Moparts Forums