Moparts

Post to hardtop

Posted By: johnfin

Post to hardtop - 03/30/14 07:43 PM

How hard is it to convert a post car to a hardtop. 1969 RR
Posted By: Silver70

Re: Post to hardtop - 03/30/14 07:50 PM

There are spot welds that hold the post in, so drill them out and remove the post... then window tracks/regs etc. You would need to cut the front /jamb/window area for the glass to go up through.

Not really that difficult, but question is why?

Re: Post to hardtop - 03/30/14 10:49 PM

The front window jamb, I dont understand that. They look the same. I was told hardtops sell for alot more money, not to mention they look better.
Posted By: OzHemi

Re: Post to hardtop - 03/30/14 11:14 PM

Quote:

I was told hardtops sell for alot more money...

Are you going to change the VIN number to match too?
Posted By: bronze69

Re: Post to hardtop - 03/30/14 11:23 PM

Quote:

The front window jamb, I dont understand that. They look the same. I was told hardtops sell for alot more money, not to mention they look better.

I believe what he means is the front of the rear window, which is the rear door jamb. It is notched to allow the rear roll up window to pass thru. If I'm not mistaken there is also an additional brace behind the rear door jamb on a hardtop, going to the top of the rocker panel.

Re: Post to hardtop - 03/31/14 12:33 AM

Yea I thought about that vin issue.
Posted By: StealthWedge67

Re: Post to hardtop - 03/31/14 12:51 AM

my :
Unless you're a seasoned pro that has done this before, you'll do nothing more than ruin your car. not sure what car you're working with, but I doubt the roof is even the same. Theres more to it than you may think.

If you don't like the car, why not sell it and buy a hardtop? But again, this is just my opinion. your car, do what you want with it.
Posted By: BigMoneyLewis

Re: Post to hardtop - 03/31/14 02:26 AM

I would not do it . If you ever sell the car, and they see RM21 instead of RM23 on the VIN.....Their first thought ...Rebody .
Be happy with what you have . Value wise , no real diffrence. As a matter of fact, alot of Road Runner and Super Bee owners / buyers prefer the B pillar / 21 body .

Greg
Posted By: sixpack4spd

Re: Post to hardtop - 04/01/14 11:25 PM

Don't ruin it.

Door glass is different too.
Posted By: Commando1

Re: Post to hardtop - 04/02/14 02:14 PM

If done and the car is listed on CL,
it will end up here in the WIW section and become the latest Wha Da Fug post.
Posted By: Beebuzzn

Re: Post to hardtop - 04/02/14 06:35 PM

Personal preference, I will take a post car 99% of the time over a hardtop as I think of a post/coupe as the true traditional hot rod. Throw in a bench seat 4spd and that's what I like. If it is a real RR (RM21 car) it is rarer than hardtop also. Your car to do with as you want but I think it's crazy to mod into hardtop. Trying to sell hardtop with post vin will turn out interesting and any financial gain I would think. Sold my post car SB still kick myself.

Attached picture 8098602-001.jpg
Posted By: B5 Bee

Re: Post to hardtop - 04/05/14 07:32 AM

Quote:

Don't ruin it.

Door glass is different too.

Don't do it!
I've had 1 RM23 and own 2 WM23's, wish they were all 21's.
Posted By: red 69 runner

Re: Post to hardtop - 04/06/14 01:21 PM

The post cars say sedan on the title,at least my RM21 does and maybe that is why some people dont like them,it dosent matter with the road runners because the roof line is the same.I had a 68 dart and it was a sedan but the roof line is way higher than a non post dart.
Posted By: Plum440

Re: Post to hardtop - 04/06/14 03:11 PM

Quote:

sell it and buy a hardtop

© 2024 Moparts Forums