Moparts

1967 coronet repo hood molding .. quality...

Posted By: Provan

1967 coronet repo hood molding .. quality... - 12/27/08 06:40 PM

Looking for any comments on the repo 67 coronet hood lip moldings. friend of mine just recieved one, and as far as im concerned its junk.. it does not fit the hood correctly, and its at least 1/4 of an inch thicker.. Just checking to see if anyone has comments on this piece, or is it just me...thanks
Posted By: minivan

Re: 1967 coronet repo hood molding .. quality... - 12/27/08 06:49 PM

You have a PM
Posted By: Provan

Re: 1967 coronet repo hood molding .. quality... - 12/27/08 07:06 PM

Yes thats where its most noticable. the molding is wider where it meets the surround.. the hood molding is about 1" wide, and the surround is about 3/4" Does not sound like much, but end to end it looks like C**p.. He is going to send it back, and hopefully will get a refund with no hassles. I was kinda wondering why I have seen original fixed up moldings selling for more than the repos.. Now I know why
Posted By: KC9IEQ

Re: 1967 coronet repo hood molding .. quality... - 06/05/11 03:32 AM

Well Apparently they STILL haven't gotten it right, purchased one of the "Factory" repops from a dealer on ebay, the thing is a piece of fecal matter. Does not fit the contour of the hood, the clips available (at least from this dealer) don't work worth a %^&* and guess what- the repop molding does not have the slots which enable you to slide the original clips inside the molding. The color of the anodizing is quite dull even when compared to old, oxidized, original moldings let alone being next to fresh restored surrounds. OH and the biggest thing of all, THE MOLDING IS 1/2" TOO SHORT OVERALL. Somebody went to the time and expense of tooling up and producing these things, why the helly wouldn't they get it right?!?!? Extremely frustrating... $$ in the toilet.
© 2024 Moparts Forums