Moparts

Erson Cams Quality Discussion

Posted By: ErsonCamShop

Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 03/13/14 09:11 PM

Looking for feedback on Erson Cams. I'm hoping to get some insight into your experiences with the quality, precision, time it takes to receive a cam from Erson, and contacting sales and technical assistance. Good, bad, or indifferent.
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 03/14/14 05:12 AM

They still make cams? They make them for something other than a small block Chevy ?
Posted By: RUNCHARGER

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 03/14/14 05:54 AM

Do they still have the old grinds as well? The Super High Flow II was a great hydraulic for a stock inch Street Hemi.

Sheldon
Posted By: SSAAHemiFan

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 03/14/14 08:03 AM

Friend got a Erson High Flow from Summit for his wedge - close to 300 duration and 475-480 lift

I don't know if it has the same specs as the old days or if it's a modern grind

Seems like alot of duration compared to lift myself - but he seems to like it

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 03/14/14 02:37 PM

Quote:

They still make cams? They make them for something other than a small block Chevy ?

Yes, we're still making cams, and yes we still have all of Sig Erson's original profiles. I took the manufacturing facility over in October of 2011 and I'm striving to make the best camshaft product on the market. We do have a few more modern, aggressive profiles with higher lifts. Trying to cover the whole market. We'd be glad to custom grind you a camshaft. Our custom turnaround times are generally within 24 hours. This is the manufacturing facility, not salesmen. We're looking for feedback on what the market is asking for and what will bring our customers the highest quality product out.
Thanks
Russ

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 03/14/14 02:39 PM

Quote:

Do they still have the old grinds as well? The Super High Flow II was a great hydraulic for a stock inch Street Hemi.

Sheldon

Yes, we still make all of Sig's original Mopar and Hemi cams. We have all of the original profiles. If you have any of your favorites that you would like, just let us know. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
Thanks
Russ
Posted By: Fat_Mike

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 03/14/14 04:02 PM

There's a lot of discussion (here and other forums) about the poor quality of aftermarket cams/lifters on the shelves today. I don't run an Erson (or any other aftermarket) cam, but when I read your post, the first question that popped into my head was: I wonder what, if anything, Erson is doing better than everyone else to prevent this? Also, do you manufacture your own lifters, or do you source them from elsewhere?

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 03/14/14 08:22 PM

Quote:

There's a lot of discussion (here and other forums) about the poor quality of aftermarket cams/lifters on the shelves today. I don't run an Erson (or any other aftermarket) cam, but when I read your post, the first question that popped into my head was: I wonder what, if anything, Erson is doing better than everyone else to prevent this? Also, do you manufacture your own lifters, or do you source them from elsewhere?

We don't manufacture our on lifters at this time. Believe me, I wish that we did. But on the cam side of things, we do run every cam we grind across the Campro machine to make sure that it specs out to be exactly what it is supposed to be. Where a lot of your larger companies check one out of twenty or one out of fifty, we test every cam. We also check the taper on all of our flat tappets to make sure that it's at its maximum angle to work with the flat tappet lifters that the end user is forced to use. We are striving to make the best cam product on the market, so we welcome any feedback that will help us better what we do.
Thanks
Russ
Posted By: b54406barrel

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 03/14/14 08:32 PM

Ran your old 306 (# I think?) in a few sideoilers back in the day. Great performing cam! Where is a link to your mopar cams, please?
Posted By: MLR426

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 03/14/14 09:12 PM

Hello Russ !!! I know you guys inspect every cam I've seen it during my visits for Radiac Abrasives. Tell Troy and the guys I said hello.

MLR426 Martin Wimberly
Posted By: Von

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 03/14/14 11:12 PM

How about posting a sample catalog of your Mopar grinds???

I had my machine shop check into one of your grinds a year or so ago. It appeared to be a "modern" grind, by the adv, .050, .200 and lift compared to a comparable Comp "modern" lobe.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 03/15/14 02:08 AM

I work part time at a shop that uses lots of Ersons--First Class quality--EXCELLENT tech help and turn around time --they are as good as any grinder out there. All the BS about "modern" grinds always chaps me as an engine builder--customers will take months and spend weeks to select the PERFECT latest hi tech Whamodynoe 9000 camshaft--then almost always they could have made a better choice and do some other thing that defies logic and hurts the build way more than the less than perfect cam would--The cold hard truth is that most all "modern" grinds are MAXING out usable lifter area--a luxury Mopar had--as in had at one time but now these grinds beat the heck out of the valve train--have used up the extra lifter diameter "safety zone" that Mopar has always enjoyed--and for WHAT??? A Few extra HP that the Computer "says" will be there??? So what if it is 10 extra HP??? Who cares?? Now you are beating up the valve train--having to use crazy spring pressure to control this stupid computer designed ( and almost always UN-TESTED) junk--killing lifters--Oh Boy!!! I gots me an extra HP--Yahoo!!!!
Erson is great! I know shops that can build more HP with a $52 big Summit cam than a $400 custom because they know what they are doing with the other 95% of the build.
Ok go back to wasting your nights picking that perfect dream cam that will make your engine perfect. I will build another with the ole Scummit special that will melt some more tires and make another customer happy and I will probably send it out the door with way less spring pressure than you would approve of yet it will still turn ( and control) all of the usable RPM the cam can muster.
I guess I should start using Comps newest roller cams that Now require ( per their advice) near 1000 lbs open pressure to control--oh wait ...my lifter wheels just passed into the oil pan! But..that thing made some extra HP because the computer said so
Posted By: 71birdJ68

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 03/15/14 02:08 AM

Are your cams chevy profiles on a Mopar stick?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 03/15/14 02:13 AM

Ok Ok I just came off a 16 hour day and am a little ragged--but Erson is a great cam seller and yes I have made awesome HP in a Mopar with "ole Chevy lobes " on Mopar stick--everyone used to
Yes the latest will net you a few but it is at a Big price IMO
Posted By: cedarmachine

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 03/15/14 02:16 AM

I use Erson cams more than any other. As Russ said, they have many new profiles, as well as the time proven designs. If you speak directly to Erik at Erson, he can help with the best profile for your application.

I will say, the new 3 piece core, billet roller cores are the best. They have a cast distributor gear that is replaceable. It does not require a bronze gear on the distributor either. These cores are made by Callies and the quality is outrageous. I don't know if the availability covers all makes yet, however.

I never wait longer than a few days for a custom grind, right to my door.
Posted By: Rug_Trucker

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 03/17/14 05:53 AM

At one time Erson did a group buy with www.slantsix.org I never bought one. I wonder about the quality of blanks for the slant. Regrinding a stock cam could be an option. I'll post a link to the group over there.
Posted By: Exit1965

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 03/17/14 06:15 AM

I'd also like to see the latest catalog and cam profiles for Mopars. Can't find anything on the web.
Posted By: ProStock1320

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 03/17/14 08:47 AM

I run a Erson in a 383 that has been in a Challenger, Dart Swinger & now a 56 Plymouth. 906 heads, Holley SD intake & TQ carb. The engine has, and continues, to perform flawlessly. Great street manners, nice thump at idle & plenty of giddy-up when the traffic light goes green. I'm very happy with what I have.

My reference page is a worn xerox copy of the Mopar section of a 1984 Erson catalog from a Super Shops parts counter.
Posted By: old_goat

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 03/17/14 09:10 AM

I ran a Erson 270 grind in a slant 6 for years. I would love to have another, along with a 280! With a 270 cam, 3.55 gear, 833od, mildly ported head with big stainless valves, a super six intake, 2.5" exhaust, and a mopar electronic distributor using a gm hei module, my 84 swb truck would pull a proven 25-27 mpg at 70 mph, if not bucking a wind over 15 mph.
I ran this cam for over 75000 miles with no issues whatsoever. A lot of people thought it had a healthy small block in it. It sounded really sweet! I was never kind to that engine.

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 03/17/14 03:09 PM

Our web designer is working on getting a PDF on our website that will contain all of our Chrysler grinds. If anyone would like us to mail them a catalog that has all the Chrysler A and B cams in it and a list of our masters for our profiles, we'll be glad to send them one. Just PM us requesting it with your personal email address and home address for the catalog. The file is too large to post in this forum. As far as our profiles being Chevy profiles on a Chrysler stick, we have profiles that are meant to be on 840 tappets, 870 tappets and 900 tappets. Every cam company uses multiple lobes for multiple applications. It's just a matter of how aggressive you want your ramp profile to be and how hard you want to beat up your valve train for which profile we put on your cam. If you get our catalog and look through our lobes you can pick out the profiles you want on your Chrysler stick. If anyone has any other questions or anymore feedback, we welcome it. If anyone is ever in our area, I would gladly give you a tour. You can ask Martin from Radiac. I'll gladly show you around and proudly show you the quality and craftsmanship that we grind into every Erson cam.
Thanks
Russ
Posted By: Supercuda

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 03/17/14 03:14 PM

I hope this isn't your website

http://www.pbm-erson.com/store.php?catId=327

Cause if it is, your web designer is horrible.
Posted By: therocks

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 03/17/14 03:27 PM

I know there old adjustable rockers are pretty much bullet proof.the set i run I bought in 1971.they cost me about 100 bucks back then.Only problem I had was the adjusters.they were originally a interference type fit with no lock nuts.I used the MP ones with locks and that was about 8 years ago.Still run them in my 440.Rocky
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 03/17/14 10:20 PM

I really like my Erson roller rockers for my small block Mopar. Any chance we will see them come back?

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 03/17/14 10:23 PM

Quote:

I hope this isn't your website

http://www.pbm-erson.com/store.php?catId=327

Cause if it is, your web designer is horrible.

Gotta agree with you, the current website isn't exactly ideal. We're currently working on building an entirely new website which will include all of our products and a far more user-friendly interface. We expect it to be complete and ready for public use within two months. We'll post a notification for everyone here when it's up and running. If there's anything I can help you with, just let me know.
Thanks
Russ

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 03/17/14 10:35 PM

Quote:

Ran your old 306 (# I think?) in a few sideoilers back in the day. Great performing cam! Where is a link to your mopar cams, please?

If anyone would like a file containing all of our profiles, please PM me your email address and I'll send it over to you. If you will send us your mailing address, we'll send you a catalog as well that has all the profiles listed in the back of it.
Thanks
Russ

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 03/17/14 10:39 PM

Quote:

I really like my Erson roller rockers for my small block Mopar. Any chance we will see them come back?

Not looking like the old rockers will be coming back any time soon. There may be a few odd sets in inventory from ten years ago. If you have a particular number you'd like us to look for I can check and see if we have it. Sorry about the loss of rockers.
Thanks
Russ
Posted By: Dunnuck Racing

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 03/18/14 01:57 AM

I have one Erson cam in stock for an upcoming dyno test session I am planning. I also picked up the 2013 catalog last year and Erson definitely has some nice looking modern grinds.
Nice to see us lowly Mopar guys aren't being ignored by you!
Keith
Posted By: Dean_Kuzluzski

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 03/18/14 02:16 AM

PM sent!

I have a question for you...........

way back around 1983, I bought a SBC hyd. cam that was known as a "Viking" or maybe "Viking II". All I can remember about it was an advertised duration of "298", not sure of the lift or LSA. That cam had the rowdiest idle I've ever heard. My fault but the car was mismatched and didn't have enough gear, but unsuspecting passengers got a surprise on freeway entrance ramps. Had it in a 327. A lot of fun with a 4 speed manual!

I'd really like to know the rest of the cam spec's if you have enough info to narrow it down?
Posted By: RROD

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 03/18/14 03:11 AM

Do you have any hyd roller cams for BB mopars?
Posted By: ProStock1320

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 03/18/14 06:29 AM

In addition to the hyd roller question, do you guys do reginds?

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 03/18/14 02:08 PM

Quote:

Do you have any hyd roller cams for BB mopars?

Yes, we have hydraulic profiles for big block Mopars. If you would like a catalog of those, please PM me with your mailing address and I'll be glad to ship you one out today.
Thanks
Russ

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 03/18/14 02:09 PM

Quote:

In addition to the hyd roller question, do you guys do reginds?

Yes sir, we do regrinds. Be glad to regrind one for you if you send it in. Send it to 8000 Old Third Street Road, Louisville, KY 40214.

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 03/18/14 02:11 PM

Quote:

I have one Erson cam in stock for an upcoming dyno test session I am planning. I also picked up the 2013 catalog last year and Erson definitely has some nice looking modern grinds.
Nice to see us lowly Mopar guys aren't being ignored by you!
Keith

Keith, let us know how your dyno session goes. If you have any feedback on your cam, please let us know.
Thanks
Russ

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 03/18/14 07:12 PM

I will let you guys know any results, but I'm probably a couple months away on that project. I just looked through some old stock and found a Viking H100 for a big block Mopar. May have to try it out. Not much info on the internet about it. Looks like its supposed to be a mild performance grind. Maybe I'll test it in a fairly stock big block and against a newer grind.
Keith

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 03/26/14 10:40 PM

Quote:

I will let you guys know any results, but I'm probably a couple months away on that project. I just looked through some old stock and found a Viking H100 for a big block Mopar. May have to try it out. Not much info on the internet about it. Looks like its supposed to be a mild performance grind. Maybe I'll test it in a fairly stock big block and against a newer grind.
Keith

We're working on some four-pattern camshafts for Chryslers, putting different lobes on the outside cylinders versus the inside cylinders. Didn't know if you might be interested in something like that. Some of our customers are giving us feedback indicating a 20 horsepower gain and some more than that when they're using a single plane manifold.

Thanks
Russ
Posted By: Supercuda

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 03/26/14 10:55 PM

Quote:

We're working on some four-pattern camshafts for Chryslers, putting different lobes on the outside cylinders versus the inside cylinders. Didn't know if you might be interested in something like that. Some of our customers are giving us feedback indicating a 20 horsepower gain and some more than that when they're using a single plane manifold.

Thanks
Russ

Always wondered why someone didn't do that to broaden the power range and take advantage of the different length runners. Just figured the lengths weren't different enough to matter.
Posted By: 71birdJ68

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 03/27/14 12:02 AM

Where on the web site do it show anything about Mopar cams? I tried to look, maybe I'm just blind.

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 03/27/14 04:07 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Keith

I would definitely be interested. I'll give you guys a call when I'm a little closer to testing this engine.
Keith
Thanks
Russ

Posted By: goldmember

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 03/27/14 04:25 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks
Russ

Always wondered why someone didn't do that to broaden the power range and take advantage of the different length runners. Just figured the lengths weren't different enough to matter.

Been done many years ago. Comp has them as a new idea.LOL
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 03/27/14 04:27 AM

Good to know Erson is still pumping out the cams! I was going through some boxes after my garage fire and found an old Erson sticker from a hydraulic cam I put in my 383 in 1979. Too bad I sold that engine with the cam in it, I would love to use it today but I don't remember the specs.
Posted By: RTSrunner

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 03/27/14 07:49 AM

Sent a request for a catalog,nice to see interest in products/feedback/improvements for Mopars!
RT
Posted By: therocks

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 03/27/14 01:54 PM

I P mailed for a catalog.It was here in about 2 days.Im not ready for a cam right now but they have some nice looking grinds.I will definetly look to Erson when its time for a new bump stick.Rocky

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 03/27/14 03:13 PM

Quote:

Where on the web site do it show anything about Mopar cams? I tried to look, maybe I'm just blind.

Our website is under construction. We don't have half the combinations offered on the site yet. But we'll be glad to send you a catalog. And if you don't see the combination you want listed, our master profile list is in the back of the catalog and we'll be glad to custom grind you any combination. If you'll PM us your address we'll make sure a catalog gets sent to you.
Thanks
Russ
Posted By: dogdays

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 03/27/14 05:15 PM

I have a TQ30H that's going into my $500 77 ford pickup, 400 engine. But first I have to check the retainer-to-guide clearance and install new springs that won't coil bind at the higher lift.

Looking for specs on the cam, I found at least two different grinds. Mine appears to be the older one, single pattern I think it's 218 @50 with 110LSA and over a half-inch lift.

Should run really strong, it's a long distance machine with 3.00 gears.

Back to the multi-pattern grind, I think Comp might have left some on the table with their selection. Have you looked into different phasing for the inner and outer lobes? Like a wider LSA on the outers, for example?

R.

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 03/27/14 10:48 PM

Quote:

I have a TQ30H that's going into my $500 77 ford pickup, 400 engine. But first I have to check the retainer-to-guide clearance and install new springs that won't coil bind at the higher lift.

Looking for specs on the cam, I found at least two different grinds. Mine appears to be the older one, single pattern I think it's 218 @50 with 110LSA and over a half-inch lift.

Should run really strong, it's a long distance machine with 3.00 gears.

Back to the multi-pattern grind, I think Comp might have left some on the table with their selection. Have you looked into different phasing for the inner and outer lobes? Like a wider LSA on the outers, for example?

R.

Along with the four-pattern cam, we change the lobe sep on them regularly to help with the overlap as well as changing the duration. A lot of times those figures are taken into account depending on what the flow figures are on the cylinder heads with the manifold installed. As far as your cam for the 400,
Part No. E220221
Grind: TQ 30 H

110+4 Lobe Seperation Angle

Overlap: 90.00

Intake Opens: 49.00 Exhaust Closes: 41.00

Intake Closes: 81.00 Exhaust Opens: 89.00

Running Clearance: 0.000 0.000 [Hot]

Valve Lift (Int / Exh): 0.536 0.536

Duration (Int / Exh): 310 310

Checking Figures @ .050" Tappet Rise

Overlap: 6.00

Intake Opens: 7.00 Exhaust Closes: -1.00

Intake Closes: 39.00 Exhaust Opens: 47.00

Duration Intake: 226.0 Duration Exhaust: 226.0

Lobe Lift Intake: 0.310 Lobe Lift Exhaust: 0.310

Intake Center Line: 106

Rocker Arm Ratio: 1.73

CAM NO. SPECIAL NOTES
XXXXXX CATALOG
GRIND

This is our cam card on it.
Thanks
Russ

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 04/08/14 11:55 PM

www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXHmam5_HD8
Sorry this isn't of a Chrysler cam, but we wanted to let you all see some of the manufacturing process in a custom ground Erson cam. Hope you enjoy. All feedback will be appreciated. Hoping to have one of a Hemi cam shortly.
Thanks
Russ

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 04/18/14 08:27 PM

If anyone is interested in a PDF version of the full Erson catalog, a link to it is listed in our profile under home page.

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 05/04/14 03:43 AM

Bumping this back up to see if Erson Cam Shop is checking in. I have a build in the works to do some cam testing. Please send me your contact information.
Thanks,
Keith
Posted By: Yellow Fever

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 05/04/14 04:17 AM

Quote:

If anyone is interested in a PDF version of the full Erson catalog, a link to it is listed in our profile under home page.

http://www.pbm-erson.com/uploads/cat%5B1397597252%5D2013%20Erson%20Camshaft%20Catalog%20%282%29.pdf
Posted By: mike s

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 05/04/14 05:57 AM

Wow, big improvement at the Erson site. Well done.
Posted By: dart4forte

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 05/04/14 06:27 PM

Last Erson cam I ran was back in the old Super Shop days.

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 05/06/14 04:43 PM

Quote:

Last Erson cam I ran was back in the old Super Shop days.

It's funny you bring up Super Shops days. My first tunnel ram and two four barrels came from there in the mid 80s. Working on bringing pride and integrity back to the Erson name. I want our customers to know when they order an Erson cam it'll be made to spec. All your feedback has been very appreciated. We're still working on the website. Please keep sending us your feedback, and we'll keep growing in the direction you need us to go.
Thanks
Russ
Posted By: dan9

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 05/07/14 04:09 PM

Years ago i bought a Chet Herbert cam. On the phone he said it didn't need broken-in because it was Parkerized. Is that true or possible? If so it would be a great thing, it seems even the pros wipe out cams after a rebuild.

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 05/08/14 05:57 PM

Quote:

Years ago i bought a Chet Herbert cam. On the phone he said it didn't need broken-in because it was Parkerized. Is that true or possible? If so it would be a great thing, it seems even the pros wipe out cams after a rebuild.

Parcorizing a cam gives it the surface to accept antiwear agents, normally known as zinc. If you're running a flat tappet cam, you MUST run oil with zinc in it or a zinc oil additive, and you must break the cam in the same way. Today's over the counter oils do not have zinc in them. The most popular oil I know of people using is diesel oil, or Rotella if they're not purchasing a special oil like Joe Gibbs or Brad Penn. Hope this helps.
Thanks
Russ

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 05/28/14 02:53 PM

Hope everybody had a good holiday weekend. We're just checking in. If there's anything I can help anyone with, please let me know.
Thanks
Russ
Posted By: Stewpar

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 05/29/14 12:09 AM

I just pulled this cam out of my 440:
T030H
867S7
A

Can you tell me the specs?

Thank you!!!!

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 05/30/14 08:20 PM

Quote:

I just pulled this cam out of my 440:
T030H
867S7
A

Can you tell me the specs?

Thank you!!!!

Did you get your specs that I emailed you?
Thanks
Russ
Posted By: MLR426

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 06/02/14 07:19 PM

Hello Russ just checking on the post to see whats happening.

MLR426 Martin

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 06/04/14 03:20 PM

Quote:

Hello Russ just checking on the post to see whats happening.

MLR426 Martin

Thanks for the message, Martin. Give me a call some time, I need to ask you about some self adhesive sanding discs for one of our sanders. If anyone has any cam questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.
Thanks
Russ
Posted By: Stewpar

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 06/04/14 03:22 PM

Yes, thank you!

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 06/23/14 10:30 PM

Hope everybody had a great weekend racing. Just letting you know we're still checking the forum. If anyone has any problems or complaints with anything, let me know.
Thanks
Russ

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 07/29/14 08:16 PM

If anybody's in town for the Street Rod Nationals, I'd like to invite you to stop by the shop anytime from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM. I'd be glad to show you around Erson Cams, introduce you to the guys who grind your cams, and you can check out how a Berco grinder works in person. 8000 Old 3rd Street Rd, Louisville, KY 40214.
Thanks
Russ
Posted By: dfsmopars

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 07/29/14 09:08 PM

Just bought one for a 265 Chevy. I'll let you know.
Posted By: astjp2

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 07/29/14 09:28 PM

I would like to see options for a firing order swap, especially for a Hemi...Tim
Posted By: rt66jim

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 07/29/14 09:57 PM

Do you have any blank cam cores for a 48* block with standard cam bearings?
Posted By: SomeCarGuy

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 07/29/14 10:24 PM

Web site needs more bandwidth!
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 07/30/14 03:55 AM

.....a walk down memory lane with Erson.

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 07/31/14 03:15 PM

Quote:

Do you have any blank cam cores for a 48* block with standard cam bearings?

I would need to know what lobe sep core you're looking for. We have several different standard journal hemi cores in stock. To answer your question more specifically, you should probably speak with Eric Bolander. He is our cam consultant. He has a full list of our core inventory, journal diameters and lobe profiles. If you would like his contact information, PM me. I'll be glad to get that to you.
Thanks
Russ

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 07/31/14 03:18 PM

Quote:

Web site needs more bandwidth!

The new website is in the works. Hopefully we'll have it operational in the next few weeks. If anybody needs contact information, please private message me. I'll be glad to get you our cam consultants direct phone number.
Thanks
Russ

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 10/16/14 02:04 PM

Just checking in. If anyone has any question or concerns, or anything they need any help with, please let us know.
Thanks
Russ
Posted By: hudsonhornet7x

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 10/16/14 02:18 PM

I would like to know a little more about the " Road Rage" series of cams.

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 10/31/14 06:02 PM

This is our Road Rage series for our A and B Chrysler guys. We didn't want you to think we weren't thinking about you.

PART # ENGINE LIFT DUR @ .050 ADV DUR LOBE SEP NOTES

HYDRUALIC FLAT TAPPET

420510 CHRY A 0.473 220 284 108+5
0.473 235 296

420515 CHRY A 0.473 228 296 108+5
0.473 240 316

420520 CHRY A 0.473 235 306 108+5
0.473 240 316

420525 CHRY A 0.533 228 294 108+5
0.533 240 302

420530 CHRY A 0.533 236 302 108+5
0.533 248 314

420535 CHRY A 0.533 248 314 108+5
0.533 256 322

411510 CHRY B 0.473 220 284 108+5
0.473 235 296

411515 CHRY B 0.473 228 296 108+5
0.473 240 316

411520 CHRY B 0.473 235 306 108+5
0.473 240 316

411525 CHRY B 0.533 228 294 108+5
0.533 240 302

411530 CHRY B 0.533 236 302 108+5
0.533 248 314

411535 CHRY B 0.533 248 314 108+5
0.533 256 322

411510-3 CHRY B 0.473 220 284 108+5 3 BOLT
0.473 235 296

411515-3 CHRY B 0.473 228 296 108+5 3 BOLT
0.473 240 316

411520-3 CHRY B 0.473 235 306 108+5 3 BOLT
0.473 240 316

411525-3 CHRY B 0.533 228 294 108+5 3 BOLT
0.533 240 302

411530-3 CHRY B 0.533 236 302 108+5 3 BOLT
0.533 248 314

411535-3 CHRY B 0.533 248 314 108+5 3 BOLT
0.533 256 322

HYDRAULIC ROLLERS

420500 CHRY A 0.507 222 296 108+5
0.507 234 308

420505 CHRY A 0.536 226 294 108+5
0.552 238 304

420510 CHRY A 0.536 234 302 108+5
0.552 246 312

420520 CHRY A 0.552 242 312 108+5
0.552 254 320

410520 CHRY B 0.507 222 296 108+5
0.507 234 308

410505 CHRY B 0.536 226 294 108+5
0.552 238 304

410510 CHRY B 0.536 234 302 108+5
0.552 246 312

410520 CHRY B 0.552 242 312 108+5
0.552 254 320

Thanks
Russ

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 02/16/15 03:22 PM

Just checking in, if anyone needs anything please let us know. If you have any problems or complaints, please let us know.
Thanks
Russ
Posted By: babarracuda

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 02/16/15 05:38 PM

When Erson was in Mound House,NV I had them make me a 232/237 @.520 hydraulic. I had it ground 104 Lobe center advanced 3 degrees. I use rhoads variable duration lifters. My car is a 3300 lb. 67 Barracuda with .323 gears a 2500 stall and a 27.8" tall tire. I have a 410 with aluminum Diamond W2 heads. When I ran iot at Vegas, it ran 12.34 107 MPH IT idles a little rough but has great street manners. It is perfect for my combination. I wish I had removed the roll bar after I converted it to street. NO sleeper effect

Attached picture 8431059-ted.JPG

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 03/06/15 09:01 PM

Glad to hear you're happy with your cam. Haven't heard much out of anybody on here lately. If there's anything I can help anyone with, please let me know.
Thanks
Russ
Posted By: PLUM_72

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 03/06/15 10:54 PM

What no discussion around a cam taking advantage of Chrysler's large .904" lifter diameter?

Hughes Engines makes some good points around the .904 lifter and cam design. Not everyone is a Hughes fan, but they do make a good argument here.
Posted By: zrxkawboy

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 03/07/15 06:20 PM

This summer, I plan to rebuild the 230 flathead 6 in my '57 Plymouth. I noticed earlier in the thread that you re-grind cams...I will probably be checking with you for pricing. Do you also re-grind the lifters that are in these motors? Thanks
Posted By: 451Mopar

Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion - 03/07/15 08:50 PM

It seems most of the flat tappet cams used on our Mopars are the high rate of lift type from Hughes Engines, Lunati Voodoo series, and Comp XE series of cams. It's nice you offer the 3-bolt version of the cams too.
Went to your on-line catalog, and only small block cams are listed?
http://www.pbm-erson.com/Catalog/Erson/C...6&criteria=
© 2024 Moparts Forums