Moparts

76 cordoba disc brakes ????

Posted By: cmansell

76 cordoba disc brakes ???? - 03/13/14 04:35 PM

I found a cordoba about to be scrapped due to storm damage collapsed the roof and was offered the disc brake setup to use for my 69 gtx. Anyone use this setup or any reason to stay away from it? Thanks Chuck.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: 76 cordoba disc brakes ???? - 03/13/14 04:51 PM

Chuck if that is the 11&3/4" slider setup I will buy the adapter (horseshoe) brackets and the rotors. Does that ans your Q
Posted By: AndyF

Re: 76 cordoba disc brakes ???? - 03/13/14 05:44 PM

You can bolt those disc brakes on. The hoses won't work but there are a couple different ways to solve that problem. Either match the factory setup on the Cordoba, or change the calipers to work with your car.
Posted By: cmansell

Re: 76 cordoba disc brakes ???? - 03/13/14 06:05 PM

Will I have the same sway bar problems with this set up?
Posted By: AndyF

Re: 76 cordoba disc brakes ???? - 03/13/14 10:06 PM

Hang the calipers to the rear and use custom hoses.

This question has been asked and answered several hundred times on this board over the years so there are lots of pictures and posts to look at. I also covered the subject in my B-body book. (The B-body book also answers about 100 other popular questions from this forum.)
Posted By: Rick_Ehrenberg

Re: 76 cordoba disc brakes ???? - 03/14/14 03:29 AM

Quote:

Hang the calipers to the rear and use custom hoses.

This question has been asked and answered several hundred times on this board over the years so there are lots of pictures and posts to look at. I also covered the subject in my B-body book. (The B-body book also answers about 100 other popular questions from this forum.)

Be sure to move the frame hardline bracket (tab) to the front, insuring that the flex hose crosses the steering axis.

Andy's book is great, also see the grandaddy...
Disc-O-tech

Rick
Posted By: sbhpcb

Re: 76 cordoba disc brakes ???? - 03/15/14 03:55 PM

I used 78 cordoba spindles and caliper brackets on my 71 cuda. I hung the brackets to the rear and I used the rear of the steering axis Hose Perchs. Cass at Doctor Diff Told me about using 82 Dodge Diplomat calipers and 69 Camaro rubber hoses.
© 2024 Moparts Forums