Moparts

71 GTX - grill & hood emblems, door panels

Posted By: edp

71 GTX - grill & hood emblems, door panels - 03/12/14 05:30 PM

I'm trying to finish off the project & need to order new interior but am not sure which door panel styles & seat covers are for GTX vs. Sat., SSP, etc...so if there's a year & model cheatsheet that'd be great.

Also need to know what emblems are correct for grill and hood insert - what do you call that panel in front of the grill with the recessed circle in it?

thanks!
Posted By: 71birdJ68

Re: 71 GTX - grill & hood emblems, door panels - 03/12/14 05:38 PM

You can see what the door panels look like in legendary's catalog. Look on the build sheet or finder tag for colors. The grill will get a GTX emblem. The hood will have the engine size in it. Look at year ones catalog.

Re: 71 GTX - grill & hood emblems, door panels - 03/12/14 05:50 PM

well this looks like what I need, can you still but these DIRECT from chrysler?

My confusion on the panels is because I have a full set of originals but they seem to have different patterns then the catalog...I'll have to post a pic of what I've got.

Re: 71 GTX - grill & hood emblems, door panels - 03/12/14 06:02 PM

No, you can't get a GTX from Chrysler anymore. But the emblems, and call outs can be found from most suppliers.
Posted By: moparmarks

Re: 71 GTX - grill & hood emblems, door panels - 03/12/14 06:19 PM

Original grill emblem can be hard to find.
Door panels are 71 GTX/SSP only and the repros do not come with the round emblem. Have to find original emblems. As stated look at Legendary.

Re: 71 GTX - grill & hood emblems, door panels - 03/12/14 06:21 PM

Here are the seat covers. Came on SSP, RR and GTX.

Attached picture 8071300-before(5).JPG

Re: 71 GTX - grill & hood emblems, door panels - 03/12/14 06:44 PM

Quote:

No, you can't get a GTX from Chrysler anymore. But the emblems, and call outs can be found from most suppliers.

guess I deserved that one it'd be nice though wouldn't it!

and thanks Mark, thats helpful, I stick up a pic of my panels for ID purposes...
Posted By: DaveRS23

Re: 71 GTX - grill & hood emblems, door panels - 03/13/14 01:40 AM

The grill emblem is one year and one car only! And they are very difficult to find, especially without blisters. The header panel Plymouth emblem can also be difficult to find in good condition.

All of the decals are available from several different sources.

The door panels and the seat covers are available from Legendary Interiors. But without the emblems that are on the top door panels. Those will need to come from an original car. And I don't remember if they are GTX only or if they are on the Sebring Sport too. The seat covers are the same for all of the top trim level cars.

Grill emblems, dash emblems, rocker moldings, and steering wheel inserts for 71 GTXs can be real tough to find.

Good luck.

Re: 71 GTX - grill & hood emblems, door panels - 03/13/14 04:38 AM

Thanks for the info Dave, I suppose its par for the course for a 1 year only car to be a PITA to chase parts for....& I though it was only side marker lights that were one off!

Here's a pic of the panel set I have, I actually have multiples of this panel - anyone want to trade ....or ID these please.

[image][/image]
Posted By: RSNOMO

Re: 71 GTX - grill & hood emblems, door panels - 03/13/14 04:49 AM

Header emblems were being reproduced...

Or, you can pry one off one of these quarter panels...

Trim panel medallions-GTX, and SSP...

We've re-chromed grille emblems...

(You have to find someone who can prep die-cast)...

Those are RR trim panels...

Side-markers, T-light lenses(and bezels)are '71 specific...

Attached picture 8072186-'66belvedere.jpg

Re: 71 GTX - grill & hood emblems, door panels - 03/13/14 04:59 AM

Quote:

Thanks for the info Dave, I suppose its par for the course for a 1 year only car to be a PITA to chase parts for....& I though it was only side marker lights that were one off!

Here's a pic of the panel set I have, I actually have multiples of this panel - anyone want to trade ....or ID these please.

[image][/image]

Evan,these are the 71 Decora panels and I'd be interested in a real nice set for my 71RR in black like shown.

Re: 71 GTX - grill & hood emblems, door panels - 03/13/14 05:28 AM

Those are the deluxe optional RR panels, also SSSP.

Re: 71 GTX - grill & hood emblems, door panels - 03/13/14 06:18 PM

Quote:

Side-markers, T-light lenses(and bezels)are '71 specific...

I forgot about the taillights, should of remembered as I already had to chase those down.

Mark, give me a call, I may have enough to supply you wit some - sent you an email. I was thinking of buying a complete interior kit from Dante's that included the panels so getting them GTX correct seemed to make sense.

Hey , what is the header emblem symbol? What does it represent, anyone know & were those grill GTX emblems reproduced at all??
Posted By: Hrtbkr

Re: 71 GTX - grill & hood emblems, door panels - 03/13/14 07:10 PM

It took years, but I finally got a repop emblem from Jack's Mopar Parts. They'll order a run if they think the demand is there. I don't know if they currently have them in stock, but the part number is em91. It was (maybe considerably) less than $100. My repop fit perfect -no issues with the install-wish I could say that about other repops. Good hunting
Posted By: QuickBpBp

Re: 71 GTX - grill & hood emblems, door panels - 03/13/14 09:10 PM

Quote:

Header emblems were being reproduced...

Or, you can pry one off one of these quarter panels...

Those emblems were peened onto that Aluminum piece and would be more trouble trying to mount it to the header panel. Buy a reproduction or a nice used one. Becareful with the repro's as they are soft and you could break the stud off while tightening it....

Like the post above Jack's Auto parts is the only one who made that grille emblem but it's not always in stock..

It took me awhile to get all the emblems,rocker mouldings and dash insert for mine...Good luck..
Posted By: DaveRS23

Re: 71 GTX - grill & hood emblems, door panels - 03/14/14 01:23 AM

I believe that the header emblem is a ship's sail.

Re: 71 GTX - grill & hood emblems, door panels - 03/14/14 02:22 AM

THanks guys for all the data, I'll check on repop ones.

Quote:

I believe that the header emblem is a ship's sail.

thats interesting as it makes me think I've seen earlier Plymouth hood ornaments / emblems that were of old schooners or sailing ships - am I remembering that correct?

google reveals the truth!

Wonder if this is supposed to be the Mayflower.....
© 2024 Moparts Forums