Moparts

Anyone tried these repop b-body vent window frames yet?

Posted By: bull

Anyone tried these repop b-body vent window frames yet? - 03/03/14 05:37 AM

I see now PG Classic and Classic Industries has 68-70 b-body vent window chrome trim pieces for sale. Probably a lot less than having the OE sets rechromed but do they bolt up and fit?

I haven't been able to get anyone at PG Classic to answer the phone in a looooong time so I'm a little nervous about a $300+ gamble on them right now.

http://www.pgclassic.com/product_info.php?products_id=1419
http://www.classicindustries.com/mopar/parts/mb280967.html
Posted By: Furyman

Re: Anyone tried these repop b-body vent window frames yet? - 03/03/14 07:47 PM

Nice finish but typical for PG poorly wrapped in that thin white rice paper.Every set I've got for resale has marks from shipping ..scores in several pieces and of course there is no solution.I've complained
but been told that they can't do anything about it as they are all marked.

Re: Anyone tried these repop b-body vent window frames yet? - 03/03/14 08:10 PM

How did you get ahold of them? It's been a looooong time since anyone at PG has answered the phone when I call.

Re: Anyone tried these repop b-body vent window frames yet? - 03/03/14 10:15 PM

It's moot anyway. Nobody has them in stock.

And PG actually answered the phone! Wow! They're saying late April or early May. And allegedly they've improved their packing procedure.
Posted By: Big Bad Bee

Re: Anyone tried these repop b-body vent window frames yet? - 03/04/14 02:18 AM

I'm at that point of buying or rechroming and I'm going to go rechromed. If the new ones look good you'll save about half. If you are willing to do your own metal sanding once the parts are stripped you can save half on the chrome and now it's a wash and you have original parts. The drawback of rechroming is that if your metal is pitted, you must remove material until the pit is no longer visible or have lead added to fill in the voids. Either way, you lose material and it affects the shape and look of the piece. Starting with a clean piece is best to keep the original look.
© 2024 Moparts Forums