Moparts

Have a question about a Sharkstooth Grill ?

Posted By: mopar155

Have a question about a Sharkstooth Grill ? - 12/24/08 01:21 PM

I have a 70 Duster and was thinking about replacing the original grill with the Sharkstooth. I know it's not correct but I really like the look of it (Man are they expensive!). Anyway, my question is - Is this a simple change out or are there any modifications needed to be done to mounting brackets etc... Thanks for any replies, Ron
Posted By: rrunner

Re: Have a question about a Sharkstooth Grill ? - 12/24/08 02:01 PM

From what I remember it's just a simple change. The headlight bezels are even interchangable.
I thought they would be repoing them by now, but seem to be more worried about e bodies. I bet a sharkstooth would out sell all e body grills combined
Posted By: 340wedge

Re: Have a question about a Sharkstooth Grill ? - 12/24/08 02:18 PM

It is mounted the same way. Someone makes a repro of the sharktooth, but it isn't cheap and i think it's made of a cheaper plastic.
Posted By: 71mopardude

Re: Have a question about a Sharkstooth Grill ? - 12/24/08 02:22 PM

i did the change in my 71 scamp very easy accept the front marker lights mount different ( regular grille is mounted with 2 screws each where as the shark tooth ones twist in like most lights) but other wise easy and looks great!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: R6T8net

Re: Have a question about a Sharkstooth Grill ? - 12/24/08 03:36 PM

Simple change out. I was going to do the same thing on my 70 Duster but stayed with the original and I'm glad I did.
Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Re: Have a question about a Sharkstooth Grill ? - 12/24/08 04:22 PM

Quote:

It is mounted the same way. Someone makes a repro of the sharktooth, but it isn't cheap and i think it's made of a cheaper plastic.

Sort of right, the originals were injection molded from ABS plastic, the reproductions are cast in a two part resin. They look k in pictures but are NOT the same in many respects.
Posted By: dmerc

Re: Have a question about a Sharkstooth Grill ? - 12/24/08 04:31 PM

I don't understand the sharktooth thing. IMHO the original looks better especially if blacked out.
Posted By: 68CoronetRT

Re: Have a question about a Sharkstooth Grill ? - 12/24/08 04:40 PM

Quote:

i did the change in my 71 scamp very easy accept the front marker lights mount different ( regular grille is mounted with 2 screws each where as the shark tooth ones twist in like most lights) but other wise easy and looks great!!!!!!!!!!!

Post some pictures if you could. I for one would like to see what this looks like.
Posted By: MoparTod

Re: Have a question about a Sharkstooth Grill ? - 12/24/08 09:59 PM

You will only have a problem with the marker lights as stated. You need to go with 73 style sockets that twist in. I have done this very same conversion on my 70 Duster and it looks great. Once it is in leave it in. You will likely break the tabs on the bottom removing it. The headlight bezels will work but they are incorrect. You need the smooth finish bezels and not the textured ones. Tod
Posted By: DirectSubjection

Re: Have a question about a Sharkstooth Grill ? - 12/24/08 10:47 PM

Quote:

I don't understand the sharktooth thing. IMHO the original looks better especially if blacked out.

Attached picture 4899601-bump1.jpg
Posted By: farmington

Re: Have a question about a Sharkstooth Grill ? - 12/25/08 02:40 AM

here ya go

Attached picture 4900062-100_1953frt.jpg
Posted By: mopargem

Re: Have a question about a Sharkstooth Grill ? - 12/25/08 03:27 AM

mines

Attached picture 4900135-74ChargerSE022(WinCE).jpg
Posted By: 68CoronetRT

Re: Have a question about a Sharkstooth Grill ? - 12/25/08 03:40 AM

Not enough difference to be worth the money IMHO.
Stick with the stock and black out.
Posted By: 71mopardude

Re: Have a question about a Sharkstooth Grill ? - 12/26/08 05:26 PM

heres my scamp with the shark tooth grill !!! i like it a lil better than the stock one!!!!!!!!

Attached picture 4902554-IMG_0030.JPG
© 2024 Moparts Forums