Moparts

Whats the secret to route turn sig wires through column

Posted By: frank

Whats the secret to route turn sig wires through column - 01/30/14 02:33 AM

Don't want to cut the elec connectors off the end. NOS switch and wires. Tried pulling them through with safety wire and string. Didn't work. Anybody know??
Posted By: 70Duster440

Re: Whats the secret to route turn sig wires through column - 01/30/14 02:49 AM

Don't know what you're working on but you may find a plastic or metal channel (U-shaped conduit) on the underside of the column that the wires run through. Remove it.

Once removed, bend the wires at the connector so that connector can be run up lengthwise through the collars of the upper column. It's a snug fit but it will go through there. Installation is the reverse.

In the image below the column is upside down. Screwdriver is pointing to one of the screws that hold (in this case, metal) the cover on.

Attached picture 8017741-Wiringconnectorfeed.jpg
Posted By: GTX MATT

Re: Whats the secret to route turn sig wires through column - 01/30/14 03:03 AM

I just kind of snaked mine through. Twist a few up into the collar and pull
Posted By: frank

Re: Whats the secret to route turn sig wires through column - 01/30/14 03:57 AM

Copy. I was able to get the trough cover off; I didn't realize it would come off. Easy with that cover off.
Posted By: 70Duster440

Re: Whats the secret to route turn sig wires through column - 01/30/14 04:41 AM

Great!
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: Whats the secret to route turn sig wires through column - 01/30/14 07:00 AM

I had a real rough time running it on my Diplomat, but FINALLY got it thru. I was told tilt columns are harder to do than non-tilt. Seems like it would be the other way around since you can articulate the tilt column some, but I guess not. My Dip has a tilt column and I hope to never have to do that again. Getting ready to put a NOS one in my Aspen with a non-tilt. Hope it goes easier than the Dip.
© 2024 Moparts Forums