Moparts

Rare Cordoba??

Posted By: PowerWagonDude

Rare Cordoba?? - 01/29/14 03:57 AM

I have an opportunity to buy a 1979 Chrysler Cordoba for a good price. I really dont need it but I thought it might be rare because it has T-tops. I have seen many Dodge Magnums with T-tops but never a Cordoba. I had a Cordoba with a sunroof. Does that make it a rare car? I probably wont buy it unless it has some collector value. Any input is appreviated!
Posted By: Magnumguy

Re: Rare Cordoba?? - 01/29/14 04:14 AM

Less Cordobas were built w/T's than Magnums, you are right. It's not so much valuable as it is a great driver.

As far as a collector car? Probably never really reach ultra-desirable status. It's a niche car.

Total Doba's made in '79 is 73,194. With T's 3074, not quite 5%, whereas there were 15% of Magnums in '79 w/T's.

If the price is right, and it's a nice car not really needing anything, I think you'll enjoy it. You might be able to flip it for a profit too.

Got a picture of it?
Posted By: scratchnfotraction

Re: Rare Cordoba?? - 01/29/14 03:19 PM

I sure wish I could get my hands on it.

I had a 76 dodge daytona charger se with sun roof ( or was it a charger daytona?)

I was 21 yrs old, it had drag skinnys/N-50 on keystone mags

man! I was stupid for letting that one go. it was a nice cruzer.
Posted By: MarkZ

Re: Rare Cordoba?? - 01/30/14 02:52 AM

I found my Dad a 1980 S-Type Diplomat with factory t-tops a few years back. They do make for awesome drivers. Even though the t-tops are an option, they weren't installed at the factory, but rather third party shops. Most did a decent job, but it's still a lot of meat taken out of an already flimsy unibody structure. The seals can be hard to come by and can leak due to body flex. My Dad fabricated a set of frame ties and had local exhaust shop weld them in - this fixed the flexing problem and had an added bonus of making the car handle better. Another local custom body shop was able to get the seals.
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: Rare Cordoba?? - 01/30/14 07:26 AM

I'd love to have one (or a Magnum) with an E58.
Posted By: DynoDave

Re: Rare Cordoba?? - 02/03/14 02:36 PM

There certainly aren't many of them left. Are you going to buy it PowerWagonDude?
© 2024 Moparts Forums