Moparts

Does Anyone Make Sway Bar Tabs For Controll Arms?

Posted By: Bones

Does Anyone Make Sway Bar Tabs For Controll Arms? - 01/08/14 11:09 AM

Does anyone out there make sway bar tabs for welding onto 73-76 A-Body lower control arms? I have access to a metal shop and could probably fab up a set but if someone already makes them it would save me some time.
Posted By: Andrewh

Re: Does Anyone Make Sway Bar Tabs For Controll Arms? - 01/08/14 03:27 PM

hotchkis and firm feel I think both make them.

another company makes one that mounts to the shock bolt instead of having to weld as well, but I can't remember who that is.
Posted By: cal_gecko

Re: Does Anyone Make Sway Bar Tabs For Controll Arms? - 01/08/14 06:24 PM

Quote:

another company makes one that mounts to the shock bolt instead of having to weld as well, but I can't remember who that is.

Hmm.. very curious about this
Posted By: Andrewh

Re: Does Anyone Make Sway Bar Tabs For Controll Arms? - 01/08/14 08:16 PM

helwig maybe.
summit has instructions that show it.
http://static.summitracing.com/global/images/instructions/sum-720230.pdf

but not sure what bar.

Re: Does Anyone Make Sway Bar Tabs For Controll Arms? - 01/08/14 09:15 PM

I see them sold as part of their front sway bar set but don't see them sold on their own. Can anyone direct me to a set sold on their own without the kit?
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: Does Anyone Make Sway Bar Tabs For Controll Arms? - 01/08/14 10:22 PM

Quote:

I see them sold as part of their front sway bar set but don't see them sold on their own. Can anyone direct me to a set sold on their own without the kit?

Hotchkis sells them seperatly. Go to their website. And they a thicker than stock too.

Re: Does Anyone Make Sway Bar Tabs For Controll Arms? - 01/09/14 12:59 AM

Thanks a lot.
Posted By: Pool Fixer

Re: Does Anyone Make Sway Bar Tabs For Controll Arms? - 01/09/14 01:43 AM

Quote:

Hellwig bar for my 68 Charger came with the tabs that bolt to the lower shock bolt
Posted By: VoodooCLD

Re: Does Anyone Make Sway Bar Tabs For Controll Arms? - 01/09/14 05:53 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Hotchkis sells them seperatly. Go to their website. And they a thicker than stock too.

That would have been nice to know after i welded one of them on upside down
Posted By: can.al

Re: Does Anyone Make Sway Bar Tabs For Controll Arms? - 01/09/14 06:04 PM

..cut 2 1/2" of square tubing on the diagonal and you'll have 2
detail with a file/drill

Re: Does Anyone Make Sway Bar Tabs For Controll Arms? - 01/10/14 10:36 PM

I called the Hotchkis sales department and was told that they are not usually sold separately. The guy took my email info and said he would talk to his manager about putting them in the computer so he could sell me a pair separately from the sway bar kit. Hopefully he will get back to me.
Posted By: VoodooCLD

Re: Does Anyone Make Sway Bar Tabs For Controll Arms? - 01/10/14 11:02 PM

Quote:

I called the Hotchkis sales department and was told that they are not usually sold separately. The guy took my email info and said he would talk to his manager about putting them in the computer so he could sell me a pair separately from the sway bar kit. Hopefully he will get back to me.

I'm pretty sure i ordered mine separate from my sway bar kit. Only problem was they only sold them in pairs. So i ended up buying a whole other set when i welded one upside down.
I don't think building a car is expensive, building it twice due to my own stupidity is expensive
Posted By: hemi71x

Re: Does Anyone Make Sway Bar Tabs For Controll Arms? - 01/10/14 11:06 PM

Bones:
I haven't a clue why your having such a heartburn in getting sway bar mount tabs direct from Hotchkis.
You asked me that question over on ebay, through the "ask the seller a question" in regards to the rebilt lower control arms that i rebuild, then resell.
I told you that i get tabs from Hotchkis direct.
Summit sells them, along with numerous other automotive warehouses, that sell Hotchkis products.
What you want is #233367
They are $45.00 a pair, from Hotchkis themselves.
I have bought lots of them for my LCA rebuilding.
Jim V.
hemi71x
Posted By: Slant6pak

Re: Does Anyone Make Sway Bar Tabs For Controll Arms? - 01/10/14 11:09 PM

Quote:

???? They are listed on the website... they are just a royal PITA to find. Google search "hotchkis sway bar bracket" and you will find them for sale from several different places.

Hotchkis makes good stuff, but my experience with them is that the answer to every question you have about suspension on Mopars is: "buy our entire kit".

Re: Does Anyone Make Sway Bar Tabs For Controll Arms? - 01/11/14 01:38 AM

Thanks a bunch for the info hemi71x, I really appreciate it. I'll check Summit and do another google search. I've done several searches but was using the word "tabs" instead of "brackets" which is what Hotchkis calls them. And thanks for not getting upset when I asked you a Q on ebay without reading your text thoroughly.

Quote:

Bones:
I haven't a clue why your having such a heartburn in getting sway bar mount tabs direct from Hotchkis.
You asked me that question over on ebay, through the "ask the seller a question" in regards to the rebilt lower control arms that i rebuild, then resell.
I told you that i get tabs from Hotchkis direct.
Summit sells them, along with numerous other automotive warehouses, that sell Hotchkis products.
What you want is #233367
They are $45.00 a pair, from Hotchkis themselves.
I have bought lots of them for my LCA rebuilding.
Jim V.
hemi71x

Posted By: RichL1967

Re: Does Anyone Make Sway Bar Tabs For Controll Arms? - 01/11/14 05:43 AM

Are you talking about these?
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hss-23367/overview/make/dodge/model/charger

Hemi71x accidentally had an extra 3 in the number.
Posted By: convx4

Re: Does Anyone Make Sway Bar Tabs For Controll Arms? - 01/21/14 01:35 AM

I believe that all the ones for sale are for b-bodys, Not A-bodys.

I would like to know the measurements for the a-bodys. Can any one help?

Attached picture 8005525-A-bodylowercontrollarmwithswaybartabdems.JPG
Posted By: hemi71x

Re: Does Anyone Make Sway Bar Tabs For Controll Arms? - 01/21/14 02:51 AM

Quote:

I believe that all the ones for sale are for b-bodys, Not A-bodys.

I would like to know the measurements for the a-bodys. Can any one help?

The op is asking about 73-76 A body sway bar mount tabs.
Hotchkis repops those.
In your picture, you have 65-72 LCA's with those sway bar mount tabs on them.
In that regard you are correct, Hotchkis DOES NOT reproduce them.
They repop brackets for the 66-69 B Body line of cars.
And they repop brackets for the 73-76 A bodys, and 70-72 B bodys, 70-74 E bodys, which all are the same bracket.
That should put clarification to this topic.
Posted By: convx4

Re: Does Anyone Make Sway Bar Tabs For Controll Arms? - 01/27/14 12:46 AM

well I didn't get a response to the measurements so I just made them up. What do you think.

Attached picture 8012925-tobesorted034(Medium).jpg
Posted By: Jim_Lusk

Re: Does Anyone Make Sway Bar Tabs For Controll Arms? - 01/27/14 05:26 AM

Quote:

well I didn't get a response to the measurements so I just made them up. What do you think.

They look great, BUT get the sway bar bolted onto the k-member and attach the tabs to the bar with the end links. Put the weight of the car on the tires to locate the tabs properly.
Posted By: Mattax

Re: Does Anyone Make Sway Bar Tabs For Controll Arms? - 01/28/14 12:30 AM

Exactly what Jim said. But first, lets be clear, this is for pre-1973 sway bar and K frame on an A-body. Yes?

Then, install the sway bar, end links, and line up the tabs with the full weight on the wheels. I know that's a PIA, but the angle and distance will be off if you don't do this. It's even a bigger PIA to correct. Been there, done that. Drive it up on some 2x10x or a ramp or borrow use of an alignment or body rack. If anything, err on the compression side by cranking the t-bars down a little because with the nose higher than the rear weight will be shifted off the nose.
© 2024 Moparts Forums