Moparts

edelbock sparkplugs ?

Posted By: 68notch

edelbock sparkplugs ? - 01/02/14 06:43 AM

hey guys , just put a set of edelbrock easy street heads on my 77 400 , any sugestions on whats the best sparkplugs I should use ? thanks
Posted By: therocks

Re: edelbock sparkplugs ? - 01/02/14 02:23 PM

We run NGKs.My 440 has Stealths and use the same plugs as Eddys.I ran Autolites and they were OK but just nor right.Went NGK 4 years ago and they are still in it and going strong.Its 12.5 to one and street driven.I believe Mancini has a cross reference chart for heat ranges.Rocky
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: edelbock sparkplugs ? - 01/02/14 05:26 PM

Quote:

hey guys , just put a set of edelbrock easy street heads on my 77 400 , any sugestions on whats the best sparkplugs I should use ? thanks

Edlbrock or Indy EZ Street heads? Probally the same plugs will work, I would try either the Autolite # 3924 or the AR3911. I have ran both of those plugs in a low compression pump gas street motor with Eddy RPM and also in the Indy M.W.intake port SR heads I replaced the Eddy RPM heads with
Posted By: therocks

Re: edelbock sparkplugs ? - 01/02/14 07:07 PM

Cab try NGKs.I think you will be suprised.They idle better and dont foul.I ran Autolite race plugs and still prefer the NGKs.Plus they are cheaper.Rocky

Re: edelbock sparkplugs ? - 01/03/14 07:45 AM

thanks guys , they are edelbrock heads, which ngk plug do I look for ? as in what is the number ? thanks again
Posted By: Pyper70

Re: edelbock sparkplugs ? - 01/03/14 01:34 PM

I run the BK6RE NGK plugs on my Edelbrock. They work for my engine and I wouldn't hesitate on buying them again
Posted By: Dcuda69

Re: edelbock sparkplugs ? - 01/03/14 06:43 PM

Autolite 3924's in my Eddy heads on a 10.2:1 470". They've been in there for many miles...never had one foul?? Street driven, pump gas.

Re: edelbock sparkplugs ? - 01/04/14 06:45 AM

awesome , that's exactely what I was looking for , thanks again guys
Posted By: Yellow Fever

Re: edelbock sparkplugs ? - 01/04/14 04:59 PM

Sure it's not BKR6E??
Posted By: Pyper70

Re: edelbock sparkplugs ? - 01/04/14 07:32 PM

Quote:

Sure it's not BKR6E??

It could be who knows...I got the letters and number right...who knows the sequence..
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: edelbock sparkplugs ? - 01/04/14 07:53 PM

Quote:

Cab try NGKs.I think you will be suprised.They idle better and dont foul.I ran Autolite race plugs and still prefer the NGKs.Plus they are cheaper.Rocky

I've try almost, except E3, brand and heat range of spark plugs out there I like a cold plug and a lean tune up with the least amount of total timing needed to make the car go fast and live
Posted By: Ray440

Re: edelbock sparkplugs ? - 01/05/14 09:17 AM

Here is a bulletin put out by NGK on which plugs to use in Eddy heads that I found while doing some searches on this subject.

http://www.ngkplugpro.ca/content/content...linderHeads.pdf
© 2024 Moparts Forums