Moparts

Trunk Divider Ideas

Posted By: dart4forte

Trunk Divider Ideas - 12/31/13 05:47 AM

I need to get the trunk divider done on my 64 Dart. I'm not good at sheet metal so I need some ideas on how to make it work. Any knowledge that imparted is greatly appreciated.
Posted By: mikemee1331

Re: Trunk Divider Ideas - 12/31/13 03:44 PM

are you referring to the panel that goes behind the back seat to divide the trunk from the passenger compartment? they're usually made of a press board type material (similiar to peg board).
Posted By: topside

Re: Trunk Divider Ideas - 12/31/13 06:23 PM

Are you intending to make one out of sheetmetal for a race car because of a trunk-mounted battery/fuel cell?

Big sheet of poster board, some flat stock, clecos, and some pop rivets, or nutserts and screw fasteners.

Street car could use a thick poster board if the correct stuff is unavailable, as that's about all they had anyway.
Posted By: dart4forte

Re: Trunk Divider Ideas - 12/31/13 07:38 PM

I'm sorry, I have the battery in the trunk so I need to seal the trunk from the passenger compartment
Posted By: nomore65BelvJim

Re: Trunk Divider Ideas - 12/31/13 07:48 PM

Make a template out of posterboard. Cut panel out of sheet aluminum, maybe 1/16" thick.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Trunk Divider Ideas - 01/01/14 03:30 AM

Quote:

I'm sorry, I have the battery in the trunk so I need to seal the trunk from the passenger compartment

As already suggested use cardboard to make a template( I have use two different pieces and then taped them together to transfer them onto the sheet metal ) and then make sure and fit the real trunk divider as tight as possible to eliminate any air holes in case of a fire to help eliminate liting(firing) you up I got called on my rear divider having a 1/4 inch clearances around the rear down bars going through it I filled that gap in with high Temp silicone and moved the fireproof carpet over to eliminate any light shiny through it
© 2024 Moparts Forums