Moparts

Can't get the rear wheel off my dually

Posted By: 52savoy

Can't get the rear wheel off my dually - 12/29/13 10:31 PM

I've tried everything from tapping with a hammer prying with a 2X4 to running the truck back and forth with only 3 lug nuts
It's a 2005 3500 Ram

Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Can't get the rear wheel off my dually - 12/29/13 10:42 PM

Aluminum rims?...if so, use a small hand held propane torch and lightly heat the center around the lugs, then, a few swift kicks to each side of the tire should knock it off, I just got through doing this on my Bosses truck a few weeks ago when the "big guy" couldn't change his own flat
Posted By: 64Post

Re: Can't get the rear wheel off my dually - 12/29/13 10:49 PM

Leave a couple nuts loose and, here’s the key, go around a corner or two. Side loading the wheel will break it loose.

Re: Can't get the rear wheel off my dually - 12/29/13 10:54 PM

naa... steel rims. 64post.. I was just over at the Cummin's forum and that's what was suggested there ..figure8s.

The only thing around my house are straight country roads. I'll have to drive a couple miles with loose lugnuts to find a parking lot.
Posted By: 340SHORTY

Re: Can't get the rear wheel off my dually - 12/29/13 10:56 PM

Re: Can't get the rear wheel off my dually - 12/29/13 10:58 PM

Quote:

naa... steel rims. 64post.. I was just over at the Cummin's forum and that's what was suggested there ..figure8s.

The only thing around my house are straight country roads. I’ll have to drive a couple miles with loose lugnuts to find a parking lot.

Can’t just do a u-turn from you driveway onto the road then back to the garage? I’d try this first before going miles up the road.

My left rear wheel was “welded” on and I only had to make to 2 low speed right turns.

Re: Can't get the rear wheel off my dually - 12/29/13 11:00 PM

I'll try it first.. If that doesn't work then I'm on a "death race"
Posted By: Supercuda

Re: Can't get the rear wheel off my dually - 12/29/13 11:01 PM

May I suggest

spinach

Re: Can't get the rear wheel off my dually - 12/29/13 11:02 PM

Quote:

I'll try it first.. If that doesn’t work then I'm on a "death race"

Try a couple of right and left turns and make sure the nuts are loose enough to allow the rims to walk off a bit. I backed mine off finger tight plus 2-3 revolutions.

Re: Can't get the rear wheel off my dually - 12/29/13 11:40 PM

I did a few turns in my driveway but it didn't budge so I went down the road about a mile and made a left turn... It came loose

Now the work begins.. replacing a bad rotor. I was thinking about changing them both even though only one is chewed up

Re: Can't get the rear wheel off my dually - 12/29/13 11:48 PM

Re: Can't get the rear wheel off my dually - 12/29/13 11:58 PM

Thank you

Attached picture 7976069-MyNEWRam.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums