Moparts

2008 Ram rear rotors ---HELP!!!!

Posted By: CUDAJAS

2008 Ram rear rotors ---HELP!!!! - 12/24/13 06:40 PM

Any tips on getting the rear rotors off a 2008 ram.

I am in the midst of doing the brakes and the rotors wont budge!!

HELP please.

Thanks,

Jason
Posted By: Dcuda69

Re: 2008 Ram rear rotors ---HELP!!!! - 12/24/13 06:49 PM

BFH...hope you have new ones. Don't forget there's a parking brake in there that may need to be backed off because of rust. Good luck!
Posted By: Todd

Re: 2008 Ram rear rotors ---HELP!!!! - 12/24/13 07:54 PM

Quote:

BFH...hope you have new ones. Don't forget there's a parking brake in there that may need to be backed off because of rust. Good luck!

Smack the back side of the rotor with a bfh in the space where the caliper was.
Posted By: therocks

Re: 2008 Ram rear rotors ---HELP!!!! - 12/24/13 08:44 PM

Spray a good penetrating on the hub register also.That can help get them loose.Then antisieze the hub before you put new rotors on.If you smack them where they seat on the front a lot of times they will pop loose.Did a bunch at work.Dont be suprised if the park brake falls apart also.Had the shoes fall off on a lot of them.You did cut the little clips they have from the factory to hold the rotor on I hope.Rocky
Posted By: 135sohc

Re: 2008 Ram rear rotors ---HELP!!!! - 12/25/13 06:01 AM

small sledge hammer working around the perimeter. The rears on our 02 were very solidly rusted to the axle flange.
Posted By: Dodgem

Re: 2008 Ram rear rotors ---HELP!!!! - 12/25/13 04:03 PM

On my 2008 I had to beat them off with a sleg hammer only to find it was a front that was thumping turned the fronts and replaced the rears! Yea kinda have to after that and now lots of anti seize .

I had sprayed penitrating oil over night, tried heat first then with the oil. then a sludge after talking with a mechanic even that did not get them of till the next morning!

3 years ago for me truck only had 30,000 miles and rotors looked like new. wish I had taken fronts in to turn first but wanted them all off at once!
© 2024 Moparts Forums