Moparts

Aftermarket auto shifter in stock b body console?

Posted By: Burlapen

Aftermarket auto shifter in stock b body console? - 12/18/13 08:41 AM

I have tried a few out, they all seem to be too tall. Not the handle but the actual mechanism won't allow the console to sit all the way down to the floor. Does anyone know of one that works? This is on a 67 satellite btw. Thanks.
Posted By: 1cuda

Re: Aftermarket auto shifter in stock b body console? - 12/18/13 11:53 AM

why dont you try and fit a 70 onwards slapstick shifter-they ratchet and look better than any aftermarket shifter-you can even get an auto pistolgrip handle mechanism from gunslinger-it`s in the mopar theme and great to use.
all the best
frank
http://www.gunslingershifters.com/70gunslingershifter.htm
Posted By: Jim_Lusk

Re: Aftermarket auto shifter in stock b body console? - 12/18/13 05:28 PM

Quote:

why dont you try and fit a 70 onwards slapstick shifter-they ratchet and look better than any aftermarket shifter-you can even get an auto pistolgrip handle mechanism from gunslinger-it`s in the mopar theme and great to use.
all the best
frank
http://www.gunslingershifters.com/70gunslingershifter.htm

I have used a 70 e-body slap stick. The arm off the vertical rod needs to be effectively shortened (hole to hole distance), I believe it is from 1.5" to 1.25" (this is from memory as I haven't done this in a while and this was on an A-body, but I believe those pieces may have the same levers). I also have the taller version of the slapstick (longer handle) from a later B...

No pictures on this computer, though.
Posted By: parksr5

Re: Aftermarket auto shifter in stock b body console? - 12/18/13 08:06 PM

I don't know if this will help as I do not know how the dimensions of your console compare to the 68-70 console however; I ran a Hurst Promatic 2 in a 68-70 console for years and the fit was perfect.
Posted By: crocha617

Re: Aftermarket auto shifter in stock b body console? - 12/18/13 08:08 PM

A guy I know has a new style pistol grip setup in the works. It should be available really soon. It works with the stock floor shifter.
Posted By: Burlapen

Re: Aftermarket auto shifter in stock b body console? - 12/18/13 08:14 PM

I believe it is exactly the same as a 68-70 console. I thought about the slapstick but really wanted to stay away from all the linkage and just use a simple cable. I have the hurst V-matrix which is a bit too tall. Maybe the pro matic has a shorter body??
Posted By: Pyper70

Re: Aftermarket auto shifter in stock b body console? - 12/20/13 07:48 PM

Sorry if this sounds a little bone head...but why can't you just put 1" square tube on the fore and aft brackets and lift the entire console up and stuff the shifter you want...inside
Posted By: StealthWedge67

Re: Aftermarket auto shifter in stock b body console? - 12/24/13 10:19 PM

Quote:

Sorry if this sounds a little bone head...but why can't you just put 1" square tube on the fore and aft brackets and lift the entire console up and stuff the shifter you want...inside

Thats what I would look at.
Posted By: gregsrt

Re: Aftermarket auto shifter in stock b body console? - 12/25/13 12:24 AM

Not sure how many mods this guy did but he fit a B&M in

Attached picture 7970184-mopp_1103_14+1966_plymouth_satellite_convertible+shifter.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums