Moparts

Removing E-Body Pedal Assembly - HOW? I am stuck

Posted By: Steve Bryant

Removing E-Body Pedal Assembly - HOW? I am stuck - 11/15/13 05:07 PM

With all bolts loose, pedal off, master cylinder and plate off, there is no room to wiggle this assembly plate out from under the dash. Do I have to cut the two studs off the assembly bracket or remove most of the dash or try to get the heater vent box out of the way to get the pin installed?

I am converting from an Auto to a 4 speed so my goal is to slide in the longer pin so I can install the brake, clutch, spring, bracket, etc. Before I take anything else apart I wanted to see if there is a trick to this.

Any advice would be appreciated!
Posted By: ERAT340

Re: Removing E-Body Pedal Assembly - HOW? I am stuck - 11/16/13 04:47 AM

Just did this.... you must remove the LH fresh air box to get clearance. Three small sheetmetal nuts & it falls out.
Posted By: Steve Bryant

Re: Removing E-Body Pedal Assembly - HOW? I am stuck - 11/16/13 12:51 PM

Thank you very much. I saw the 3 screws but suspected there was a forth. So based on this knowledge, this gave you the room you needed to slide in the longer pin and work on the rest of the assembly. This did not allow you to remove the entire assembly for cleaning, painting, etc. IS that right?

I would like to clean the assemble bracket, but I can do that later. I would just be happy to get the pedals in!

Anything else you had to do that was our of the way or difficult?

Thanks again.
© 2024 Moparts Forums