Moparts

Trim removal tools

Posted By: Finoke

Trim removal tools - 11/07/13 03:40 AM

I'm going to change out the windshield in my Challenger.

What are you guys using to remove the stainless trim?

Are there trim removal tools specifically for E and B body trim?
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Trim removal tools - 11/07/13 06:10 AM

I think the common tool for that looks like a thin arrowhead. With my experience with doing it on a 65 dart I would suggest finding someone who has done it before. It's easy to damage & hard to come by
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: Trim removal tools - 11/07/13 01:01 PM

It's a "slim jim" lockout tool, modified a little.
Posted By: Stanton

Re: Trim removal tools - 11/07/13 02:48 PM

Doing my RR now. No fun at all without that tool.
Posted By: bonefish

Re: Trim removal tools - 11/07/13 03:00 PM

is there any type of how-to book on the removal and inst. of the variuos trims?i have searched and can find info on just about everything but that.

Re: Trim removal tools - 11/07/13 03:17 PM

Quote:

is there any type of how-to book on the removal and inst. of the variuos trims?.

A person could get the tool & experiment on a junk car in the JY to get the hang of it

Re: Trim removal tools - 11/07/13 05:58 PM

Thanks Guys. Just ordered the tool and the suction cups
Posted By: BDW

Re: Trim removal tools - 11/07/13 07:45 PM

Kudos challenger1 you always come through with the answer including pics!

Re: Trim removal tools - 11/07/13 11:21 PM

Quote:

A person could get the tool & experiment on a junk car in the JY to get the hang of it

Please, tell us where that yard is with those late '60's and early '70's cars so we can all go and "practice removing trim" !!!!

Re: Trim removal tools - 11/07/13 11:22 PM

Quote:

Suction cups ?!?!?!

Where did you order from?
Posted By: The Dodge Guy

Re: Trim removal tools - 11/07/13 11:32 PM

Get some help from someone that can or has done it before. You can ruin a piece of trim in a heart beat.

Re: Trim removal tools - 11/07/13 11:39 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Please, tell us where that yard is with those late '60's and early '70's cars so we can all go and "practice removing trim" !!!!

Watts Salvage in Wymore Nebraska. 40 acres/thousands of antique autos (402) 645-8066. Definitely an undiscovered treasure trove of antiquers & yes he has some junkers that he will let you practice on

Re: Trim removal tools - 11/07/13 11:53 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Suction cups ?!?!?!

Where did you order from?

Suction cups hand holds to assist in putting the new windshield in. Ordered from eastwood.

Re: Trim removal tools - 11/07/13 11:54 PM

Quote:

Kudos challenger1 you always come through with the answer including pics!

I agree, thanks for the pics!
Posted By: Grizzly

Re: Trim removal tools - 11/08/13 03:39 AM

Quote:

is there any type of how-to book on the removal and inst. of the variuos trims?i have searched and can find info on just about everything but that.

Trim Removal/Installation: It's a mystery wrapped in an enigma accessed by a riddle.

Count me in if anyone finds this book.
Posted By: bonefish

Re: Trim removal tools - 11/08/13 05:12 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Watts Salvage in Wymore Nebraska. 40 acres/thousands of antique autos (402) 645-8066. Definitely an undiscovered treasure trove of antiquers & yes he has some junkers that he will let you practice on

good info i think i,ll run right over and start practicin.around here if its ten years or older it gets smushed.
© 2024 Moparts Forums