Moparts

MSD Distributors

Posted By: Beep Beep

MSD Distributors - 10/14/13 04:02 AM

Are the MSD 8545 Billet Distributors any good compared to the MP or Firecore units?
Posted By: 1cuda

Re: MSD Distributors - 10/14/13 12:12 PM

yes but get an advance spring kit as the factory msd springs are too heavy for street use-i retuned a tuff 440 with the light springs and it made it boil the tires. get the advance in early and time the total at 36-38 depending on fuel/detonation limits.
all the best
frank.
Posted By: Beep Beep

Re: MSD Distributors - 10/15/13 01:07 AM

Thanks Frank
Posted By: mopar_leaner

Re: MSD Distributors - 10/15/13 03:14 AM

i am putting two 8545 in motors right now and like the fact that it is adjustable to fine turn the engines.
Posted By: mosweethemi

Re: MSD Distributors - 10/15/13 03:36 AM

HEY I HAVE A MSD 8536 IS THAT DISTRIBUTS ANY GOOD FOR A 500CI ENGINE TO RUN ON THE STREET.? THANKS ,A REAL MOPAR MAN
Posted By: sunroofgtx

Re: MSD Distributors - 10/15/13 03:38 AM

Why can't you fine tune the Firecores? The timing is actually dead-nuts steady to over 8500 rpm. You alo get more adjustabilty from the smaller distributor cap, without pulling it out to move over a tooth or two. Just asking.
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: MSD Distributors - 10/15/13 04:50 AM

Quote:

Why can't you fine tune the Firecores? The timing is actually dead-nuts steady to over 8500 rpm. You alo get more adjustabilty from the smaller distributor cap, without pulling it out to move over a tooth or two. Just asking.

do tell ----

Russ
Posted By: justinp61

Re: MSD Distributors - 10/15/13 07:32 PM

I use a MSD distributor in my small block, if the cap is to big just buy a cap and button for a points style GM distributor.
Posted By: sunroofgtx

Re: MSD Distributors - 10/18/13 04:31 AM

Quote:

Quote:

do tell ----

Russ, please send it back. We can't help if we don't have it. Bob George has been using these for two years.

© 2024 Moparts Forums