Moparts

Good hemi/mopar mechanic in norcal/bay area?

Posted By: JimDiesel

Good hemi/mopar mechanic in norcal/bay area? - 10/12/13 12:44 AM

I am looking to have some tuning work done on my hemi. It is a 472 crate hemi with a single demon carb. I don't seem to be able to get it to run right. It is running rich, and seems down on power. I'd like to have a pro check it out so I don't damage anything.

I woudl greatly appreciate any recommendations for a reputable shop to get this thing running like it should. With Sears Point nearby I figure there must be some good places around.

Thanks
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Good hemi/mopar mechanic in norcal/bay area? - 10/12/13 04:31 AM

It ain't run right since it was built or a recent development? Started after any particular work done on it or part changes/settings. Especially if from day 1 I'd suggest starting from scratch & a compression/leakdown tests/degreeing the cam. Note the initial/total & when (RPM) the total comes in. What cam. Possible vac leak.You mentioned running rich, float levels/float saturation/floats hanging up in their travel/what power valve/idle fuel psi/vac at idle. There ain't no mysteries & there is a cause & we CAN find it

Re: Good hemi/mopar mechanic in norcal/bay area? - 10/12/13 05:55 PM

Thanks for your response. I have to admit I am slightly intimidated to work on the thing. I have limited experience and if I do something stupid I probably can't afford to fix it. If I can't find a reputable shop, I will dig in myself. I don't have much in the way of automotive tools so I will need to invest in some.

I believe that both issues have existed for some time. The engine sure doesn't seem to have power that it should. I think it has been running rich for a while. My dad and I worked on it together quite a few years ago and it has been sitting since then.

Thanks
Posted By: Joesixpack

Re: Good hemi/mopar mechanic in norcal/bay area? - 10/12/13 06:49 PM

http://www.dimatteosstreetrods.com/
Posted By: Joesixpack

Re: Good hemi/mopar mechanic in norcal/bay area? - 10/12/13 06:54 PM

http://www.empireautomotive.net/about.php
Posted By: mickm

Re: Good hemi/mopar mechanic in norcal/bay area? - 10/14/13 06:44 PM

gordon anderson. master mechanic, fabricator. when you see the all aluminum hemi in his 64 polar, you'll understand.

tell him mickey sent you...
Posted By: Sinitro

Re: Good hemi/mopar mechanic in norcal/bay area? - 10/14/13 07:27 PM

Quote:

I am looking to have some tuning work done on my hemi. It is a 472 crate hemi with a single demon carb. I don't seem to be able to get it to run right. It is running rich, and seems down on power. I'd like to have a pro check it out so I don't damage anything.

I woudl greatly appreciate any recommendations for a reputable shop to get this thing running like it should. With Sears Point nearby I figure there must be some good places around.

Thanks

The best Hemi guy in NoCal is Harry Holton...
Located in Modesto, phone is 209.527.1568
Without a doubt one of the best builders/tuners for Gen II Hemis
He is semi-retired but still luvs to work on these...

Just my $0.02....
Posted By: 70AARcuda

Re: Good hemi/mopar mechanic in norcal/bay area? - 10/14/13 07:53 PM

Modesto again with Steve Wann and Regitta Bros...
Posted By: Exit1965

Re: Good hemi/mopar mechanic in norcal/bay area? - 10/15/13 02:40 AM

Quote:

Modesto again with Steve Wann and Regitta Bros...

Spelled Rettig Bros.
Posted By: MidPenMopar

Re: Good hemi/mopar mechanic in norcal/bay area? - 10/15/13 03:28 AM

Quote:

gordon anderson. master mechanic, fabricator. when you see the all aluminum hemi in his 64 polar, you'll understand.

tell him mickey sent you...

You can not go wrong with Gordon Anderson. He is one of the best Mopar mechanic you will ever meet!

Tell him Mickey and Stu sent you!

Re: Good hemi/mopar mechanic in norcal/bay area? - 10/15/13 04:02 AM

awesome.
Thanks guys
© 2024 Moparts Forums