Moparts

Clutch disc 4 speed which one

Posted By: yellow70charger

Clutch disc 4 speed which one - 10/04/13 10:57 PM

IF you were going to replace the clutch disc what would go with 69 charger 440 11inch
http://www.summitracing.com/search/year/...&keyword=18

Thanks James
Posted By: RJS

Re: Clutch disc 4 speed which one - 10/05/13 12:08 AM

Back in the day I used to run Hayes Clutches with good results but...
Now a days I always go for a Center Force set up, they are easy on your leg and grab as good or better then the old 3 finger.
Posted By: therocks

Re: Clutch disc 4 speed which one - 10/05/13 12:58 AM

I agree Cf all the way.I ran McCleods for years.12 years ago i put in the CF.Great clutch and it hooks hard behind my 440 pushing over 500 hp.Rocky
Posted By: TJP

Re: Clutch disc 4 speed which one - 10/05/13 02:53 AM

I like the CF dual friction. if installed (IE: surface or replace the flywheel) and broke in properly, ZERO issues
Posted By: GTX MATT

Re: Clutch disc 4 speed which one - 10/05/13 03:23 AM

Ram
Posted By: 85_Ram_4speed

Re: Clutch disc 4 speed which one - 10/05/13 04:26 AM

If you are replacing just the disc, then you need to know what pressure plate you are dealing with as far as its load capability in pounds. This coupled with which material your clutch disc currently is and how you like the performance may dictate what you get to put in it.

If you are going a new set of disc and pressure plate, then that becomes a little easier. I have used the CF dual friction set up, and while it does work good, when you launch or are power shifting it, its almost like its on or off. It engages harsh and fast doing that kind of stuff, but it does hold very well, and is rather friendly, driving it normally on the street where you'll be slipping it a bit. I almost think for a vehicle that is more street than race, something like the CF DF setup or even a Mcleod dual disc would be the way to go. But if you are more race orientated, maybe look into something else that is less harsh---but then you loose some drivability (ability to screw around) on the street.
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: Clutch disc 4 speed which one - 10/05/13 02:18 PM

I have this one on the shelf in case you want it.
Gus

Attached picture 7876794-DISC.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums