Moparts

Another Disc Brake Converstion Question

Posted By: Nuke463

Another Disc Brake Converstion Question - 09/29/13 05:37 PM

Hello all! I have read all the info about the disc brake conversion info but I still have an issue I can't figure it out. I have a 71 Charger. I am using spindles from a late 72 Charger to which I added the larger 11.75 Cordoba rotors. No problem there. I Picked up the larger Cordoba caliber adapters however, they will not bolt up to the spindles. The original adapters that came with the 72 spindles I am using are the smaller ones that accept the smaller 10.95" rotors. I am stumped. Do I need different spindles? Help!
Nuke
Posted By: Supercuda

Re: Another Disc Brake Converstion Question - 09/29/13 06:52 PM

I believe it's the 73 and up spindles you need, not the 72's.
Posted By: DoctorDiff

Re: Another Disc Brake Converstion Question - 09/29/13 08:39 PM

Are you sure you have Cordoba 11.75" caliper brackets? The bolt pattern is the same for all 1970 and newer B/E/F/M/J/R body disc knuckles

Re: Another Disc Brake Converstion Question - 09/30/13 12:02 AM

Cass,Yes. I took them off the Cordoba myself in the junk yard. That's what I can't figure out. The Cordoba adapters will not fit on the 72 spindles..
Nuke
Posted By: DoctorDiff

Re: Another Disc Brake Converstion Question - 09/30/13 12:25 AM

I swapped those parts many times.

What doesn't fit? Does the bolt pattern on the knuckle match the bolt pattern on the caliper bracket?

Can you post pictures of the parts?
Posted By: hemi71x

Re: Another Disc Brake Converstion Question - 09/30/13 12:26 AM

Quote:

Are you sure you have Cordoba 11.75" caliper brackets? The bolt pattern is the same for all 1970 and newer B/E/F/M/J/R body disc knuckles

If your brackets don't fit, (too big) then your trying to put "C" Body brackets onto the spindles.
That ain't gonna happen.
Spacing is different.
Maybe somebody changed stuff on the Cordoba, that you say you got the brackets off of.
What brackets are you trying to use?
Pin type, or Slider type?

Attached picture 7869936-CaliperMountCompare.jpg

Re: Another Disc Brake Converstion Question - 09/30/13 02:05 AM

The bolt pattern is different. The 'spread' for the holes on the slider adapters are greater than the spread on the holes on the spindle. I am a positive that nothing was altered on the Cordoba from the yard. Again, the Cordoba rotors fit fine.
Posted By: hemi71x

Re: Another Disc Brake Converstion Question - 09/30/13 02:13 AM

Well then, the only thing that i can tell you is someone put "C" body brakes on that Cordoba.
Who knows what could have been done to an old car throught the years.
Your options are.
1. Find another car with the proper adapters.
2. I can sell you a pair of the taller sliders.
3. DrDiff can sell you a pair too.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Another Disc Brake Converstion Question - 09/30/13 02:16 AM

Measure (& post) what you have for C to C on the bolt holes in those adapters
© 2024 Moparts Forums