Moparts

wheel cylinder chaos

Posted By: BMChrysler68

wheel cylinder chaos - 09/29/13 01:13 AM

I replaced the driver side front wheel cylinder on my Fury. I'm getting fluid through the flex hose, but when I hook it to the wheel cylinder, nothing. Hard pedal, but no fluid out of the bleeder and it isn't pushing out on the shoes. Did I buy a defective wheel cylinder?
Posted By: zrxkawboy

Re: wheel cylinder chaos - 09/29/13 01:38 AM

sure sounds like it
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: wheel cylinder chaos - 09/29/13 05:18 AM

Take it out and disaasmble it to see if the aluminum pistons are frozen into the wheel cylinder
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: wheel cylinder chaos - 09/29/13 07:34 AM

Take out the bleeder screw & see if it's plugged up
Posted By: Crazy68Dart

Re: wheel cylinder chaos - 09/29/13 02:21 PM

If it is pushing the shoes out the pistons are moving. Sounds like a bad/plugged bleed screw.
Posted By: Supercuda

Re: wheel cylinder chaos - 09/29/13 03:33 PM

Quote:

I replaced the driver side front wheel cylinder on my Fury. I'm getting fluid through the flex hose, but when I hook it to the wheel cylinder, nothing. Hard pedal, but no fluid out of the bleeder and it isn't pushing out on the shoes. Did I buy a defective wheel cylinder?

IS NOT

As in the shoes are NOT being pushed out.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: wheel cylinder chaos - 09/29/13 04:18 PM

With the bleeder screw/hose inlet in the center of the barrel & the pistons in the ends even if the pistons were stuck (not likely with a new cyl) you'd still get fluid out of the bleeder screw (like when you gravity bleed) unless the bleeder screw is plugged (no fluid coming out) but there's no shoe movement either & neither of them is likely to have happened & both happening together is extremely unlikely. Now I see the chaos! Are you SURE the hose ain't plugged & that you ARE getting pressure AT the cyl?
Posted By: HotRodRailroader

Re: wheel cylinder chaos - 09/29/13 05:28 PM

Remove the hose and have someone gently push the pedal and see if you actually have pressure or if what is coming out is leftovers. If you do have pressure time to check the WC out. You should be able to press the WC pistons in and if they are stuck they should pop and release. I've seen this a few times. If they move by hand and still no fluid you have a blockage inside. Try putting a tooth pic into the bleeder and clean it out. same with inside the WC where the bleeder goes. if no luck just exchange it for a new one. I would recommend replacing the hose anyways to prevent any contamination in the new WC. Good Luck
© 2024 Moparts Forums