Moparts

who has the best deal on an aftermarket aluminum radiat

Posted By: mopar_leaner

who has the best deal on an aftermarket aluminum radiat - 09/21/13 10:26 PM

where can I get a new radiator for a 71 cuda with a 438 stroker and a 727 for a good price?
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: who has the best deal on an aftermarket aluminum radiat - 09/21/13 10:34 PM

I got an alum 2core "Champion" rad for a 65 dart off of eBay for 189 to my door. Redrilled 1 hole in the side flange. No leaks. cools well but a 318 DD does not put it to the test. for something hotter I'd spring for a 3 row at least & maybe even a 4 core
Posted By: Tom_440

Re: who has the best deal on an aftermarket aluminum radiat - 09/22/13 06:25 AM

I also have a 3 row Champion that cools my warm 440 just fine. Folks have complaints of them sometimes being a bit bent and the mounting holes not located properly depending on the car. I drilled a couple holes in mine and it cools well for the low $$$.
Posted By: radar

Re: who has the best deal on an aftermarket aluminum radiat - 09/22/13 02:37 PM

I have a champion and a northern they were both reasonable on ebay and cool my hot smallblocks great!
Posted By: mopar_leaner

Re: who has the best deal on an aftermarket aluminum radiat - 09/22/13 05:46 PM

sounds good so far, but my friend has a low deck stroker going in a street car with a/c. He said the car ran hot before with the stock 383.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: who has the best deal on an aftermarket aluminum radiat - 09/22/13 05:58 PM

Quote:

my friend has a low deck stroker going in a street car with a/c.

Champion 4 row core $280
Posted By: terzmo

Re: who has the best deal on an aftermarket aluminum radiat - 09/22/13 06:08 PM

Quote:

where can I get a new radiator for a 71 cuda with a 438 stroker and a 727 for a good price?

champion
Posted By: Big Bad Bee

Re: who has the best deal on an aftermarket aluminum radiat - 09/22/13 07:34 PM

I bought a champion 3 core after a friend of mine who has a similar built 440 bought one, installed it on his charger and drove down to Hot August Nights in Reno and said the engine stayed cool as a cucumber the whole trip. He did say however that he should have put more insulation under his carpet and behind his firewall because his cucumber got roasted.
© 2024 Moparts Forums