Moparts

Dart rear window trim.

Posted By: 72duster318

Dart rear window trim. - 09/02/13 12:33 AM

OK, we had the glass put in the Dart, front had no problem, went to add the trim to the back and it isn't even close. Is there different trim for different years? It was my belief that everything from about 67 to 75 was the same. Hard to tell in the picture bur the top is flat instead of arched, and the sides are a little too short and bottom is arched differently.

Attached picture 7835624-DSCF0155.JPG
Posted By: 70HemiGTX

Re: Dart rear window trim. - 09/02/13 01:54 AM

Remember, everything bends and twists when you install the rear trim. Those are some complex bends to go around that window. IIRC when I put mine in I was scratching my head also, but it went in very nicely.
Posted By: MileHighDart

Re: Dart rear window trim. - 09/02/13 02:30 AM

Maybe you have trim from a 4-door, or 2-door post car.
I dont know that the rear windows are different, but I know the windshields are different between the post car and the hardtop.
I accidentally bought a front windshield gasket for a 2-door post and it was a little to short for my hardtop windshield opening. Rears may be different too. Not sure.
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Dart rear window trim. - 09/02/13 03:09 PM

The rear window trim is the same from 68-72 for 2-door hardtops and 2-door sedans and 4-door sedans have the same trim too. Where did you get your trim at?

Re: Dart rear window trim. - 09/02/13 11:29 PM

I think we picked it up at Carlisle in the swap area
Posted By: moparfan53

Re: Dart rear window trim. - 09/03/13 01:07 AM

I checked my parts books from 1967 to 1974. As already mentioned, the hardtop mouldings are different from the sedan ones. '67-'74 hardtops use one set of part numbers while '67 to '74 sedans use a different set of part numbers. By any chance are there any Dart sedans in your area that you could compare your mouldings to? That would tell you if they are hardtop or sedan ones.

Re: Dart rear window trim. - 09/03/13 01:54 AM

That is what I was trying to say, thanks for making it more clear as I sometime tend to type before I think.

Re: Dart rear window trim. - 09/04/13 02:27 AM

Thanks for the replies, I'll remember to look at the local cruises to see if any are flat across the top instead of arched.
Posted By: moparfan53

Re: Dart rear window trim. - 09/04/13 04:01 AM

Quote:

Thanks for the replies, I'll remember to look at the local cruises to see if any are flat across the top instead of arched.

These pics from sales brochures might help. It looks to me that the sedan rear window is slightly flatter at the top than the hardtop. It also looks like the sedan sides are shorter due to the window slope. I would say you do have the sedan trim.

Re: Dart rear window trim. - 09/04/13 04:29 AM

I have plenty of hardtop rear window trim if you have trouble finding any!
Posted By: gdonovan

Re: Dart rear window trim. - 09/04/13 10:43 AM

Quote:

Maybe you have trim from a 4-door, or 2-door post car.
I dont know that the rear windows are different, but I know the windshields are different between the post car and the hardtop.

Yes they are different.
© 2024 Moparts Forums