Moparts

Does this look odd to you?

Posted By: Kern Dog

Does this look odd to you? - 08/25/13 04:49 AM

I tried to install my Jegs windage tray in the Charger. The tray kep hitting the rod caps and wouldn't seat to the block. THEN I laid it atop the steel tray I pulled out. They are the same depth, but the Jegs "sump" is offset bay almost 1/4" Check the link and supersize the picture. It seems odd to me.

http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS+Performance+Products/555/502001/10002/-1

Re: Does this look odd to you? - 08/25/13 04:55 AM

Compare that to this one from Mopar Performance. This is the one I have been using.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/dcc-5007345

Has anyone else tried that Jegs tray?
Posted By: buildanother

Re: Does this look odd to you? - 08/25/13 05:13 AM

Looks like it's wrong. Have no idea why the offset when the crank is centered in the block..

Re: Does this look odd to you? - 08/25/13 05:29 AM

I tossed all of the packaging too. Good luck getting a refund. The dang thing was $ 80 !!
Posted By: bonefish

Re: Does this look odd to you? - 08/25/13 12:41 PM

order a new right one, then put that one back in the package and say wssupwit dis.
Posted By: cjskotni

Re: Does this look odd to you? - 08/25/13 01:29 PM

Quote:

I tried to install my Jegs windage tray in the Charger. The tray kep hitting the rod caps and wouldn't seat to the block. THEN I laid it atop the steel tray I pulled out. They are the same depth, but the Jegs "sump" is offset bay almost 1/4" Check the link and supersize the picture. It seems odd to me.

http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS+Performance+Products/555/502001/10002/-1

I seem to recall a thread or two about this piece a few months back where people complained of poor fitment and bad sealing capability. I was looking at maybe going this route myself to avoid the windage tray sandwich but not after seeing the complaints on here....

It seems they have a great idea with poor execution. I'd send it back and do the normal thing.

Re: Does this look odd to you? - 08/25/13 09:56 PM

Quote:

order a new right one, then put that one back in the package and say wssupwit dis.

I usually don't do this. I may call them and explain. If their customer service is worth a dang, they will be fair about it. The Milodon pickup is going back too.
Posted By: bonefish

Re: Does this look odd to you? - 08/25/13 09:58 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I usually don't do this. I may call them and explain. If their customer service is worth a dang, they will be fair about it. The Milodon pickup is going back too.

ive never had a prob with jegs,they,ll prob. take it back if it doesnt look used.

Re: Does this look odd to you? - 08/26/13 04:54 AM

There lies the problem. I trimmed it a bit in an attempt to clear the Milodon oil pickup.
I'd think that a defective part is STILL a defective part. This tray wouldn't even fit with NO pickup installed.
Posted By: B5 Bee

Re: Does this look odd to you? - 08/26/13 11:38 AM

Call them. If all of them are like that, they'll be getting more calls besides yours. They may want to know that it is defective so they can stop orders till they get it straightened out with the vendor.
Posted By: Jjs72D

Re: Does this look odd to you? - 08/26/13 06:22 PM

According to the Jegs site, they expect to deliver the 4.15 stroke trays in October. Maybe there really is a mistake!
© 2024 Moparts Forums