Moparts

tranny problem

Posted By: lifted85

tranny problem - 08/16/13 01:43 AM

hey gys, drove the d150 today an got a few questins. when i put it in reverse in slasms in reserse with a clunk normal? also i got a tf3 kitin it when i shift from 1st to 2nd it akes a few secs then slams in 2nd.. could my cable not be ujusted right?

Re: tranny problem - 08/16/13 03:04 AM

sorry about the spelling. using a tablet an my big fingers dont work well lol. when i put it in reverse it clunks loud an kind of violently, also the tranny has a tf3 kit installed when i shift from 1st to 2nd it takes a few secs then slams in sec... dose this sound like a cable problem?
Posted By: 340SHORTY

Re: tranny problem - 08/16/13 03:15 AM

sounds like a delay in the valve body, pump or Torque converter. TF3 kit possibly installed wrong. Shifts should be firm and instant..

Re: tranny problem - 08/16/13 05:36 AM

new converter.. the lever for the line presure should be pulled towards the back of the tranny right?? i wired that wide open..
Posted By: scratchnfotraction

Re: tranny problem - 08/16/13 01:18 PM

I would be putting the throttle pressure linkage on there and adjust it correctly.

if it has the lever stud,it may be needed with the TF-3 kit.

my CRT manual VB did not have the stud sticking out to put the lever on and was not needed.

sounds like the lever tied back is not wanting to let it shift correctly.

you may want to tie it forward and try it.

better get it right or you will be pulling it out soon.
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: tranny problem - 08/16/13 08:00 PM

Clunking into Reverse has a lot to do with the engine idle speed.

Re: tranny problem - 08/16/13 09:30 PM

ok guys update. cut the wire that i had it held towards the back of trans an now she seems to shift. i have it up on a jack stand an tried the gears out so.. i dont have the linkage. think after the car show this week im going to track down another 4spd for it...
Posted By: 340SHORTY

Re: tranny problem - 08/16/13 09:49 PM

Its not going to be good to run it with the lever all the way forward if its not set as a manual shift trans.. Id wire it partially back for safety sake.. Held all the way will cause high RPM shifts if its ran in auto mode.. You really need to find out how the TF3 was installed..
Posted By: VL21

Re: tranny problem - 08/16/13 11:46 PM

Quote:

Its not going to be good to run it with the lever all the way forward if its not set as a manual shift trans.. Id wire it partially back for safety sake.. Held all the way will cause high RPM shifts if its ran in auto mode.. You really need to find out how the TF3 was installed..

Attached picture 7816799-iconyathat.gif
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: tranny problem - 08/17/13 09:32 PM

With the TF-3 kit installed it should shift instantly with the lever tied full back. If it doesn't look for leakage in the governor passages and be sure the governor passage plug is installed in the case.
© 2024 Moparts Forums