Moparts

Silicon brake fluid.

Posted By: OhioMopar

Silicon brake fluid. - 08/02/13 03:13 PM

How many have used it? Does it give a different pedal feel? Since I did all new everything on the Bee, and it will sit all winter, I filled it up with silicon fluid. The pedal feel doesn't make me happy. Is there a different 'feel' to it, or do I need to keep bleeding?
I bench bled the master cylinder, and I have bled each line ttwice starting from the right rear. All connections are tight, no leaks, and no more bubbles! I will most likely hit them again when I go through the mental checklist before I drive it out of the garage. Just looking for your thoughts.
Richard E., you out there?!
Posted By: BTTG

Re: Silicon brake fluid. - 08/02/13 03:36 PM

Did you put the brake fluid bottle in hot water/out in sun to release all the trapped air before putting in your car? I read to do this and did so before changing my fluid over. Bled things once and my brake pedal felt as firm as ever.
Posted By: 69hemibeep

Re: Silicon brake fluid. - 08/02/13 04:04 PM

I put it in my new system and can't feel any difference from the old
Posted By: DPelletier

Re: Silicon brake fluid. - 08/02/13 04:08 PM

keep bleeding, no brake fluid is compressable, only the air in it is. You can't feel any difference between Dot 3 and Dot 5

Dave
Posted By: OhioMopar

Re: Silicon brake fluid. - 08/02/13 05:33 PM

Thanks guys. I'll keep bleeding. I didn't do any warming of anything. Just poured it in.
Posted By: 5carguy

Re: Silicon brake fluid. - 08/02/13 11:17 PM

I have 2 cars with manual brakes with silicon,and they have nice solid pedals.Big advantage is if you get it on the paint,it doesn't affect it. Try the Mighty Vac system,works great.
© 2024 Moparts Forums