Moparts

'73 C-body disks; what master cylinder?

Posted By: BMChrysler68

'73 C-body disks; what master cylinder? - 08/02/13 03:05 PM

I've got all the stuff for the '73 swap, but I'm not sure which MC to get. I'm wanting to run manual, but I don't see any options in terms of '73 manual MCs. Is my only option to use a power MC with a manual pushrod?
Posted By: Twostick

Re: '73 C-body disks; what master cylinder? - 08/02/13 04:21 PM

Master cylinders aren't body specific. They all fit. Just find whatever application has manual discs and go from there. Look for one with a 15/16" bore if you can.

Also if you are going with manual brakes make sure you have a manual brake pedal set up. The pedal ratio is different power to manual.

Kevin

Re: '73 C-body disks; what master cylinder? - 08/02/13 05:26 PM

Cool, thank you. I had a hunch they were all about the same, but I wasn't sure if the mounting differed from body to body. As for the pedal setup, part of the allure of a manual setup is that my car has manual drums already. Well, that and I don't want to have to worry about pulling enough vacuum.
Posted By: bboogieart

Re: '73 C-body disks; what master cylinder? - 08/02/13 06:17 PM

I have read a lot of guys like to go with a later 2 bolt aluminum master for a light 80's truck. There is an adapter plate for this swap.
Posted By: therocks

Re: '73 C-body disks; what master cylinder? - 08/02/13 06:49 PM

Get a 69 or 70 C body master for disc drum.I run them on all my conversions.I assume you are installing the discs on a C body.My 65 B has one on now been on at least 12 years and my kids 62 300 has the same with power drum drum.Mine are manual disc.Rocky
Posted By: belv2vert66

Re: '73 C-body disks; what master cylinder? - 08/02/13 07:49 PM

Yep, I just used a 73 C body Manual Master when I converted the 65 Newport

Re: '73 C-body disks; what master cylinder? - 08/02/13 08:13 PM

Quote:

Yep, I just used a 73 C body Manual Master when I converted the 65 Newport

I can't find any '73 C-body disk MCs online that say they're for manual brakes. That's why I was asking. I think I'm going to buy an A-body one. They seem to be more available.
© 2024 Moparts Forums