Moparts

hot wiring a fifth avenue for a derby car

Posted By: 71_dramaqueen

hot wiring a fifth avenue for a derby car - 07/31/13 08:18 PM

I have a 86 Fifth ave that came into the impound lot without a key and the column locked. I want to make it into a demolition derby car but i want to find out if it runs first.
How is the best way to get her going? (if she'll go) Im happy to take a drill, cut wheel, sawzall, hammer, or whatever to the column. I would rather know what to do than just start hacking and risk messing up the shifter.

thanks
Posted By: Golden-Arm

Re: hot wiring a fifth avenue for a derby car - 07/31/13 08:35 PM

get a slidehammer, and screw it into the keyhole. a couple of hard yanks, and the cylinder will pop out. a large flat tip screwdriver now works for a key. a good "derby" man can pop that lock in mere seconds, after using a slimjim, to get inside the door.
Posted By: Barry70GTX

Re: hot wiring a fifth avenue for a derby car - 07/31/13 08:37 PM

Pull the steering wheel and remove the steering lock parts. When you get to the key lock assembly, knock it out with a punch and hammer. look at how the switch works. Now put the wheel back on and you can start it with your finger.
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: hot wiring a fifth avenue for a derby car - 07/31/13 10:29 PM

Quote:

The neighbors have a 86 Fifth ave I dont have a key and the column locked. I want to make it into a demolition derby car but i want to find out if it runs first.
How is the best way to get her going? (if she'll go) Im happy to take a drill, cut wheel, sawzall, hammer, or whatever to the column. I would rather know what to do than just start hacking and risk messing up the shifter.

thanks

THIS is the more likely scenario....
© 2024 Moparts Forums