Moparts

Green bearing replacement

Posted By: Dougsmopars

Green bearing replacement - 07/29/13 02:49 AM

My car has the green bearings in it and they are junk. I want to go back to the stock style set up. Where can i get a kit with the end play adjuster included? Not used with green bearings and i don't have any spare axles to get it from.
Posted By: 82ramIndy493

Re: Green bearing replacement - 07/29/13 03:13 AM

Why do you say they are junk? What kind of car are they in and what do you do with the car? Is it Drag, Street or a little of both. I have ran those bearings in a short bed truck for years and run at the track at 10:80's and have never had an issue since 1996. I have heard of axle fitting issues that can tear bearings up. I would talk to Dr Diff about it. He could help you with the problem and probably set you up with any parts you need.
Posted By: 340SHORTY

Re: Green bearing replacement - 07/29/13 03:52 AM

You cant get the adjusters any more.. Unless you can find good used 1s you are stuck with the greens.. Dr diff has the better style of greens..
Posted By: bboogieart

Re: Green bearing replacement - 07/29/13 03:57 AM

I have several 8 3/4 rears. I am sire I have what you need. Contact me with a p.m. if interested.
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: Green bearing replacement - 07/29/13 09:58 PM

Quote:

You cant get the adjusters any more.. Unless you can find good used 1s you are stuck with the greens.. Dr diff has the better style of greens..

Dr Diff also has billet adjusters for use with the original tapered bearings.
Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: Green bearing replacement - 07/30/13 01:20 AM

From Dr Diff's website. http://www.doctordiff.com/tapered-axle-bearing-package.html
© 2024 Moparts Forums