Moparts

is there any good ideas for pulling out torsion bars???

Posted By: mopar_leaner

is there any good ideas for pulling out torsion bars??? - 07/28/13 09:49 PM

Im working on a roadrunner that someone, somehow got a torsion bar put in wrong in such that even with no preload on the tension bolt, the front will not come down on that side.Maybe when they put to t-bar through, they were lifting the car up by the lower control arm.
But anyway, I am looking for tricks to make it easy to change out the torsion bars. thanks MOPARTS
Posted By: 74-440Charger

Re: is there any good ideas for pulling out torsion bars??? - 07/28/13 09:58 PM

Try loosening the nut on the lower control arm mounting pin to remove any binding or tension.
Posted By: BigBlockMopar

Re: is there any good ideas for pulling out torsion bars??? - 07/28/13 10:15 PM

Pop the LCA balljoint to take off all the tension on the bar.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: is there any good ideas for pulling out torsion bars??? - 07/28/13 10:15 PM

With the clip out of the rear socket & the nut on the front of the LCA tapered stud that comes out of the front of the kmember unscrewed to where it is flush with the threads tap on the nut to drive the LCA/tbar back a bit then come around to the rear side of the kmember & tap the bottom edge of the LCA forward & you're wanting it (the LCA) to come forward but the tbar to stay put so the tbar is in effect coming out of the socket. The trick is with the front end off the ground to have a jack under the LCA to have it jacked up to just the right height so there's as little tension on the whole shebang as possible & it's in a straight line reasonably. If you do have to grab the tbar with vice grips put something THICK around it to keep the teeth serrations from contacting/marring the tbar. EDIT If you ain't already take the wheel/tire off on that corner to get the assy as light as possible

torsoion bars....which is the left hand??? - 07/29/13 12:40 AM

ok, now that I got em out, my new bars are marked L and R,do I do it from sitting in the drivers seat or standing in the front of the car?

thanks again
Posted By: Lefty

Re: torsoion bars....which is the left hand??? - 07/29/13 12:44 AM

Reference is always from the driver position.
Posted By: rowin4

Re: torsoion bars....which is the left hand??? - 07/29/13 12:57 AM

I wonder if it's the same in England, if so then the left side is the right side and the left side is

Re: torsoion bars....which is the left hand??? - 07/29/13 01:25 AM

you guys Rock!!!!
thank you so much!!!
© 2024 Moparts Forums