Moparts

Throttle Cable Question

Posted By: RoadRunner

Throttle Cable Question - 07/27/13 04:37 AM

Swapping a Edelbrock Performer RPM on my 440. The throttle cable seems to be a bit too short. Any ideas on what cable would work?
Posted By: therocks

Re: Throttle Cable Question - 07/27/13 11:44 AM

Find a /6.They are long.Have one on my 65 B body with M1 and Dominator carb.Rocky
Posted By: 383man

Re: Throttle Cable Question - 07/27/13 09:18 PM

You can always do what I did. I bought the Lokar cable and bracket from Mancini's and it works great. Its real nice that the bracket for it bolts on to one of the carb base bolts and that makes it nice as the return spring hooks to that bracket so you dont need a bracket for the return spring or the throttle cable bracket that bolted to an intake bolt. Everything bolts up using the carb base plate bolts and the cable is a cut to size for what you need lenth wise. Was easy to install and works great ! You can see mine here on my 440/493 eng. Ron

Posted By: RoadRunner

Re: Throttle Cable Question - 07/28/13 03:46 AM

I was checking out the Lokar route also. I thought if something looked more stock, I would go with it. I also noticed you painted the intake engine color. Looks good. I wasn't going to paint mine, but it looks sort of "added on". Especially with the stock valve covers I am running. I have a throttle cable bracket that was on an old 383 years ago that was modified to fit a Holey and higher rise manifold. I was going to use that, but depending on the cable I get, it may not work.
Posted By: Yellow Fever

Re: Throttle Cable Question - 07/28/13 04:00 AM

http://www.bpeusa.com/BPEcables.asp
Posted By: Lefty

Re: Throttle Cable Question - 07/29/13 12:53 AM

Lokar makes adjustable cables. Their throttle cable works with the stock pedal and you cut to length after adjusting.

Posted By: rowin4

Re: Throttle Cable Question - 07/29/13 01:01 AM

6 cylinder cable out of the junk yard for $5 bucks. My cable came out of a old pick up.

© 2024 Moparts Forums