Moparts

what ceramic/hi heat coating to use for headers?

Posted By: gch

what ceramic/hi heat coating to use for headers? - 12/09/08 03:27 PM

What coating to use on headers that will last?I have used jet-hot and they rusted(even after coating them twice).I have purchased some used TTi headers that have rusted also.I would like to keep them nice and need to know what you have used THAT WORKS.
Posted By: ResQ911

Re: what ceramic/hi heat coating to use for headers? - 12/24/08 04:09 AM

I would try New Image Coatings in Lino Lakes MN. I had them coat some headers (Some were used and rusty beforehand) and they still look great.
Posted By: mopars_1

Re: what ceramic/hi heat coating to use for headers? - 12/24/08 04:54 AM

if you dont mind me asking, how much did it cost to get your headers redone? id be interested in doing the same thing.
Posted By: mopar155

Re: what ceramic/hi heat coating to use for headers? - 12/24/08 01:23 PM

I sent mine to Jet Hot and got the Sterling Silver finish- It cost me roughly $275.00
Posted By: JDMopar

Re: what ceramic/hi heat coating to use for headers? - 12/24/08 04:07 PM

I see that you are here in NC I took my TTI's to a place near Hickory, called Calico Coatings. They did an excellent job, and I am very pleased so far. It was an hours drive for me, will probably be more for you. They do a lot of work for all the NASCAR teams.About 3 years ago, it cost $225 to do ceramic outside, with the black thermal barrier inside. I will use them again.
http://www.calicocoatings.com/index.html
Posted By: cruzin

Re: what ceramic/hi heat coating to use for headers? - 12/24/08 04:22 PM

Not so much a recommendation on who to use but rather a couple of suggestions while trying to select a place.

1. Inquire about the warranty and what it includes or excludes.
2. Make sure that the coating process includes the inside portion of the headers too.

BTW, I've used Jet Hot and a private shop in CA with great results.
© 2024 Moparts Forums