Moparts

A/C Dodge Ram blows hot

Posted By: harborracer

A/C Dodge Ram blows hot - 07/17/13 01:30 PM

I have a Dodge Ram and my A/C stops blowing cold air when I stop moving. When the truck is moving the A/C works great. What would cause this and how do I resolve it?

Thanks !
Posted By: drew72

Re: A/C Dodge Ram blows hot - 07/17/13 01:41 PM

Most likely a plugged condenser. Might be able to clean the fins with a garden hose.

Re: A/C Dodge Ram blows hot - 07/17/13 05:49 PM

Thank you. I cleaned the condensor but it didnt seem to help. I will clean it again perhaps I didnt get in the fins good enough.
Is there anything else I should check?
thanks,
Pete
Posted By: 70AARcuda

Re: A/C Dodge Ram blows hot - 07/17/13 06:28 PM

what year Ram?

some years have problems with the blender door...the plastic arm breaks...had to replace the one in my 99 Ram

http://www.heatertreater.net/

Re: A/C Dodge Ram blows hot - 07/17/13 09:42 PM

My Ram is a 2001. If it is the blender door how difficult and expensive is this to fix?
thanks,
Pete
Posted By: AARCONV

Re: A/C Dodge Ram blows hot - 07/17/13 09:49 PM

blowing cold when moving is a fan cooling problem..check to make sure the regular fan and the a/c cooling fan is working all the time...sometimes it stops in motion..check the connectors/plugs or a fuse if its not working
Posted By: Supercuda

Re: A/C Dodge Ram blows hot - 07/17/13 09:49 PM

Quote:

blowing cold when moving is a fan cooling problem..check to make sure the regular fan and the a/c cooling fan is working all the time...sometimes it stops in motion..check the connectors/plugs or a fuse if its not working

Winner
© 2024 Moparts Forums