Moparts

PRW rocker arms

Posted By: old_goat

PRW rocker arms - 07/13/13 06:21 PM

I have been looking at the stainless, silicon bronze bushed 1.6 rockers for a big block.
Junk?

Re: PRW rocker arms - 07/13/13 06:58 PM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PRW-BB-Mopar-383...d6a&vxp=mtr

Link
Posted By: Colin Frolick

Re: PRW rocker arms - 07/13/13 11:20 PM

Been running the steel 1.6 ratio arms on this 493 for 5 years, probably 15k miles. haven't touched them since i put the motor together. I think they are nice.

I spent alot of time with the shims to center them on the valves, as in this photo.

Attached picture 7775418-rb.jpg
Posted By: Skeptic

Re: PRW rocker arms - 07/14/13 01:52 AM

Brian of IMM recommends them, he's putting a set on the motor he's building for me.
Posted By: Colin Frolick

Re: PRW rocker arms - 07/14/13 04:29 AM

Hey IMM built the shortblock on that one ^ runs like a champion!

Re: PRW rocker arms - 07/14/13 06:40 AM

Thanks guys! I thought they looked like ok units bein bronze bushed, also like the fact they have cup style adjusters.
Glad to have good feedback!
Bill
Posted By: challengermike

Re: PRW rocker arms - 07/14/13 12:56 PM

They do have some problems though. Make sure you check that the body of the rocker doesn't hit the valve stem. I had to grind mine to fit . Also after about 1,000 miles my set started having the adjusters loosen up. It happened 3 times and I had to replace the adjusters with Harland sharp ones. But For the price of the link you posted you could buy a better set of rockers. I paid only $225 off ebay for my set. Also the prw rockers are really cat rockers.
Posted By: Swedcharger67

Re: PRW rocker arms - 07/14/13 01:18 PM

I didn't like them. They looked good but the adjusters were loose in the threads and the threads didn't give a quality feel.
I decided to not use them in my engine.
© 2024 Moparts Forums