Moparts

B-body Window Channel -- Help!

Posted By: moparsenior

B-body Window Channel -- Help! - 07/07/13 08:14 PM

I'd like to replace the window channel/run in front door of B-body POST-CAR (2dr sdn not HT). After removing door panel, I've backed away!
Q) How does one gain access to inside of this door, and how do you replace channel?
I'm thinking I might have bitten off more than I can chew.

Has anyone done this?
Posted By: mikemee1331

Re: B-body Window Channel -- Help! - 07/07/13 08:29 PM

you have to remove the glass. the channel is attached to the glass with plastic/nylon holders/glides.
Posted By: moparsenior

Re: B-body Window Channel -- Help! - 07/07/13 09:10 PM

Don't think we're on the same page. I might be using wrong terminolgy; or you might be talking about a different year B-body.
I have '66 Coronet post car with window channel attached to inside of door. I can probably get the glass out, but the channel is not attached to glass. There is a plastic rivet holding glass to a lift bracket, but this does not help in getting one's hand inside the door in order to remove or re-install the rubber run.

Let's try again.
Posted By: The Tree

Re: B-body Window Channel -- Help! - 07/07/13 09:20 PM

Get yourself a download of the 66 parts catalog from mymopar.com and then find the window section for your sedan. good exploded views.

May be some other ref at that site to help also.

Best of luck,
Randy
Posted By: mikemee1331

Re: B-body Window Channel -- Help! - 07/07/13 09:42 PM

Quote:

Don't think we're on the same page. I might be using wrong terminolgy; or you might be talking about a different year B-body.
I have '66 Coronet post car with window channel attached to inside of door. I can probably get the glass out, but the channel is not attached to glass. There is a plastic rivet holding glass to a lift bracket, but this does not help in getting one's hand inside the door in order to remove or re-install the rubber run.

Let's try again.

sorry, i should have asked you to be more specific.
Posted By: floridian

Re: B-body Window Channel -- Help! - 07/08/13 02:12 PM

I believe you need to push out the center part of this plastic rivet which then unlocks the outside part of the rivet..
© 2024 Moparts Forums