Moparts

69 Satellite Disc Brake conversion

Posted By: RamTex

69 Satellite Disc Brake conversion - 06/19/13 12:02 AM

What cars do I need to be looking for to convert my 69 satellite to disc brakes? I'm looking at a 72 Fury 3 ATM will those work?
Posted By: Silver70

Re: 69 Satellite Disc Brake conversion - 06/19/13 01:30 AM

I don't think c-body ones like that will work. My challenger discs came from an 85 5th avenue. Volare, aspen, cordoba and a lot more!

Re: 69 Satellite Disc Brake conversion - 06/19/13 01:58 AM

So what do I need to find to convert my b-body to disc brakes? I know I need a knuckle but what else do I need? It has drum brakes up front will a fifth avenue have the correct parts i need to to bolt to my b body that will allow me to install after market rotors and calipers on the front?

Re: 69 Satellite Disc Brake conversion - 06/19/13 02:03 AM

http://www.moparaction.com/tech/archive/disc-main.html

Re: 69 Satellite Disc Brake conversion - 06/19/13 03:26 AM

Awesome thanks read that and it filled in a few gaps... Got anything for dummies?

Re: 69 Satellite Disc Brake conversion - 06/19/13 03:47 AM

Aftermarket as in upgraded? I used slotted rotors on my car with stock calipers. There are places that sell other caliper brackets for various brake systems, but I've never done anything like that. Just going drums to stock discs are a good upgrade.

Re: 69 Satellite Disc Brake conversion - 06/25/13 03:12 AM

Ok so I pulled some off an 83 Fifth Avenue can I use the new ball joint or do I need to re-use the old ones?
Posted By: Brian_wo

Re: 69 Satellite Disc Brake conversion - 06/25/13 03:56 AM

Funny I just came looking for this info

Am I correct that you use the stock plymouth ball joint and not the 5th ave one?

Tex and I went and pulled two sets of discs,his for the 69 and mine for the 67 Belevedere vert I am picking up in a week or two.

Re: 69 Satellite Disc Brake conversion - 06/25/13 05:13 AM

You use the ball joints on the lower control arms already in your car... or new ones made for the car. Not the ones from the 5th avenue.
Posted By: therocks

Re: 69 Satellite Disc Brake conversion - 06/25/13 12:45 PM

Dont forget to get a disc master.You can run either the prop valve from the donor car or get an adjustable.I use 70 C body disc masters.My 65 B body has a 5TH Ave prop valve.Been on probally 15 years and no problems.Rocky
Posted By: Brian_wo

Re: 69 Satellite Disc Brake conversion - 06/26/13 03:38 AM

Quote:

You use the ball joints on the lower control arms already in your car... or new ones made for the car. Not the ones from the 5th avenue.

Ok,thats what I thought but its been ten plus years since I did this and was not 100% sure.

Re: 69 Satellite Disc Brake conversion - 06/26/13 04:19 AM

You can pull a valve or something from a drum master and use them. That's how I did my first swap. Mopar muscle I believe had the article in their mag I used when I first started doing the swap. But I always use the mc's with the larger side reservoir for use with discs.
Posted By: nomore65BelvJim

Re: 69 Satellite Disc Brake conversion - 06/26/13 06:04 AM

Quote:

Awesome thanks read that and it filled in a few gaps... Got anything for dummies?

http://www.bigblockdart.com/techpages/dbconversion.shtml
© 2024 Moparts Forums