Moparts

440 aluminum intake opinions

Posted By: markrr

440 aluminum intake opinions - 06/11/13 02:38 AM

I have a '69 roadrunner with a 440 in it and I want to get an aluminum dual plane intake manifold for it. I want to also put my air grabber back on the car. Can anyone tell me which dual plane will sit low enough to allow room for the air grabber and air cleaner.
Thanks.
Posted By: 3_RTs

Re: 440 aluminum intake opinions - 06/11/13 03:52 AM

I have just recently purchased the Edelbrock CH4B aluminum intake. Basically it is an aluminum version of the stock intake. I wanted to be sure that my air grabber fit properly on my air cleaner.
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: 440 aluminum intake opinions - 06/11/13 03:55 AM

Quote:

I have just recently purchased the Edelbrock CH4B aluminum intake. Basically it is an aluminum version of the stock intake. I wanted to be sure that my air grabber fit properly on my air cleaner.

The CH4B is taller than stock , I used to recommend it ASSuMEing it was the same as stock because it was NHRA approved.

The ONLY intake that is the same as a stock cast iron is the original M1 dual plane .

Re: 440 aluminum intake opinions - 06/11/13 04:09 AM

Quote:

The ONLY intake that is the same as a stock cast iron is the original M1 dual plane .

"Original M1". Is this the part that's still being produced now or the older discontinued one?
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: 440 aluminum intake opinions - 06/11/13 04:17 AM

older discontinued , the current is a rebadged Ebrock RPM

Re: 440 aluminum intake opinions - 06/11/13 04:19 AM

Quote:

older discontinued , the current is a rebadged Ebrock RPM

Thanks.
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: 440 aluminum intake opinions - 06/11/13 12:24 PM

This one will fit under your air grabber...

Attached picture 7738754-2475.jpg
Posted By: dogdays

Re: 440 aluminum intake opinions - 06/11/13 06:09 PM

To restate, the CH4B is NOT an aluminum version of a stock intake. It is better.

R.
Posted By: 3_RTs

Re: 440 aluminum intake opinions - 06/12/13 03:17 AM

Quote:

Quote:

The CH4B is taller than stock , I used to recommend it ASSuMEing it was the same as stock because it was NHRA approved.

JohnRR, do you know how much taller the CH4B is than stock?
© 2024 Moparts Forums