Moparts

72 Cuda front disk brakes

Posted By: cdstl

72 Cuda front disk brakes - 06/09/13 04:32 PM

I replaced the brake lines, master cylinder, calipers and pads last winter. I used some disk brake lube on the backs of the pads and also on the pins that hold the assembly together. I have the retaining clips that hold the outer pad against the caliper assembly installed. No air in the lines.

It doesn't appear that the outer pads are contacting the rotor while the inners are doing their job.

Should I clean the lube off of the slides?

Thanks
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: 72 Cuda front disk brakes - 06/09/13 05:11 PM

You wouldn't want to use enough lube to where it might splatter & contact the friction surfaces (rotor face/pad friction material) but I'm not sure what's going on
Posted By: T2R9

Re: 72 Cuda front disk brakes - 06/09/13 05:41 PM

Lube as in brake grease? I would pull the pins and make sure they slide freely. Something is keeping the calipers from floating on the pins.
Posted By: cdstl

Re: 72 Cuda front disk brakes - 06/09/13 07:10 PM

I just decided to clean rods that the calipers slide on, pulled the rubber grommets out and cleaned them too. Slapped it back together and we'll see.

I've been using this stuff on disk brakes for a while. A little on the back of the pads, helps with squealing, and a little on the pins and it seems to work fine. I wasn't sure about using it on this rig but I did anyway.

Thanks
© 2024 Moparts Forums