Moparts

Anyone have leaking mp valves have the aluminum ones

Posted By: 69suprbee

Anyone have leaking mp valves have the aluminum ones - 05/30/13 04:09 AM

They just don't stop leaking.tried several different of gaskets and sealers.i am going to try a set off Steel ones and see what they do.anybody have a similar prob?how it work ?
Posted By: 70AARcuda

Re: Anyone have leaking mp valves have the aluminum ones - 05/30/13 04:54 AM

sb or bb?

sb usually got to be ground where the intake port goes into the head for the valve cover to seal.
Posted By: 340SHORTY

Re: Anyone have leaking mp valves have the aluminum ones - 05/30/13 07:22 AM

I had them on my 71 RR and my 383 Duster race car and have the SB version on my 340 right now. Never had any troubles..
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: Anyone have leaking mp valves have the aluminum ones - 05/30/13 11:57 AM

I'm not even sure what your asking about. I guess the guys above me are smarter than me?
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Anyone have leaking mp valves have the aluminum ones - 05/30/13 02:39 PM

Quote:

I'm not even sure what your asking about. I guess the guys above me are smarter than me?

I'm with you , alumn. valves ???
Posted By: Von

Re: Anyone have leaking mp valves have the aluminum ones - 05/30/13 02:48 PM

Im guessing valve covers?
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: Anyone have leaking mp valves have the aluminum ones - 05/30/13 10:49 PM

If your asking about SB aluminum valve covers?
Sometimes with some intake manifolds, I think mostly stock manifolds you have to clearance the lip some on the intake side of the cover.
Here a couple of crappy pictures of some old valve covers I used to run. I had to grind on them in 2 places to get them to clear the intake manifold. Actually I was just thinking they were like that(ground on) when I got them and I only did the baffle. They were used when I got them.

Here's how I handled my PCV valve baffle, I did this a long time ago, it worked well. Maybe not the best, but worked.

I think those little square things sticking out interfere with the valve covers?
© 2024 Moparts Forums