Moparts

Challenger brake caliper question

Posted By: Desoto

Challenger brake caliper question - 12/03/08 06:11 PM

Are there different calipers for the 70-74? I'm using a disk brake conversion kit for my '51 Plymouth and it calls for these calipers. Problem is that the caliper is sitting too high in the bracket. If the ears were cast higher it would fit. Just trying to figure out if my problem is caliper related or bracket related.

Thanks

[image]http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f381/haywood2/IMGP7162.jpg [/image]

link to picture
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Challenger brake caliper question - 12/03/08 08:12 PM

The (pin type) calipers are the same. The problem is bracket related.
Posted By: Scott Carl

Re: Challenger brake caliper question - 12/03/08 08:47 PM

Quote:

Are there different calipers for the 70-74? I'm using a disk brake conversion kit for my '51 Plymouth and it calls for these calipers. Problem is that the caliper is sitting too high in the bracket. If the ears were cast higher it would fit. Just trying to figure out if my problem is caliper related or bracket related.

Thanks

[image]http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f381/haywood2/IMGP7162.jpg [/image]

link to picture

sorry, I dont have an answer but a tech tip for future reference on your "[image]" link. It didn't work because there is a space between the .jpg and the left bracket on the "[/image]"

As for the caliper question, Does your wheel fit? If it does then I'd say caliper problem. If not then I would say, bracket problem.
Posted By: DoctorDiff

Re: Challenger brake caliper question - 12/03/08 09:30 PM

Does the kit use a late '70s Mopar rotor? If so, maybe you need a 11.75" rotor, instead of the standard 10.95" version.
Posted By: jbc426

Re: Challenger brake caliper question - 12/03/08 09:58 PM

You have the smaller rotors, and need the larger unicast rotors.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Challenger brake caliper question - 12/03/08 10:04 PM

Dr Diff IS the man
© 2024 Moparts Forums