Moparts

use gaskets between aluminum intake and cast heads??

Posted By: mbmopar

use gaskets between aluminum intake and cast heads?? - 12/01/08 10:26 PM

should i use paper intake gaskets with an aluminum intake on my 440 as well as using a stamped steel valley pan ????

any info is greatly appreciated, as i am ready to install the intake.

Thanks !

Derek
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: use gaskets between aluminum intake and cast heads?? - 12/01/08 10:28 PM

I did, got a set of fel pros for my performer rpm. they're included for a reason.
Posted By: fastmark

Re: use gaskets between aluminum intake and cast heads?? - 12/01/08 11:55 PM

I think this topic has been discussed here before. They did not come on 440 or 383. They just had the metal pan. Mopar sells some stuff that is made for the metal gaskets and sprays out of a can. I have never had a problem when using that spray sealer.

Re: use gaskets between aluminum intake and cast heads?? - 12/01/08 11:58 PM

i bought the intake new, but did not come with a box or gaskets, it's a holley street dominator....i have a set of paper gaskets i'll use as well i guess, thanks !

derek
Posted By: Junky

Re: use gaskets between aluminum intake and cast heads?? - 12/02/08 12:31 AM

I only use the paper gasket on the side that the aluminum intake is against. No need to on the opposite side.
Posted By: MoparforLife

Re: use gaskets between aluminum intake and cast heads? - 12/02/08 12:35 AM

Never had a problem with just the metal valley pan but have when trying to use the paper with them.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: use gaskets between aluminum intake and cast heads? - 12/02/08 12:52 AM

You'll get alot of diff opinions on this. I dont feel that a metal gasket is pliable enough to seal 16 in hg of vacuum. Alot of times the added thickness of the paper will throw off the alignment & the bolts wont line up. My preference is to use the valley pan with #2 permatex,the brown goo in the toothpaste tube. It stays pliable, especially with the diff expansion rates of iron & aluminum. works for me.
Posted By: dave571

Re: use gaskets between aluminum intake and cast heads? - 12/02/08 03:00 AM

I use the tin pan with permatex hi tack gasket sealer.

Have bever used the paper gaskets.

Threw out 20 sets here a little while ago

Re: use gaskets between aluminum intake and cast heads?? - 12/02/08 11:06 AM

after trying to line up the mounting holes using the gaskets..i ditched them and resorted to some of the permatex #2 sealer.

THANKS !!!!!!!!!!

Best,
Derek
© 2024 Moparts Forums