Moparts

Chrysler Marine BB oil pump cover

Posted By: dweller

Chrysler Marine BB oil pump cover - 04/27/13 07:21 PM

Not sure if this is the right forum for this, please move if needed. I just wanted to post up some pictures of the neat Chrysler Marine oil pump cover that came OEM on marine 440s. They are plumbed so that oil is routed through a cooler before going to the block galleys. The stock coolers were copper tube in shell units that were cooled by the recirc antifreeze system. Perhaps this pump cover might have an automotive application for guys wanting an oil cooler...

Attached picture 7684493-marineoilpump1.jpg

Re: Chrysler Marine BB oil pump cover - 04/27/13 07:22 PM

Here's another view...

Attached picture 7684494-marineoilpump2.jpg
Posted By: B5 Bee

Re: Chrysler Marine BB oil pump cover - 04/27/13 09:27 PM

I have the same cover on my boat with hoses going to the oil cooler. Mine doesn't have a closed system with antifreeze, it uses raw water and a twin impellor Sherwood pump. It also has a cooler for the Paragon trans fluid.

Re: Chrysler Marine BB oil pump cover - 04/28/13 12:25 AM

Paragon trans? Most of the Chrysler Marine engine packages included the Borg Warner "Velvet Drive" which is essentially an auto trans with a pump and one forward and one reverse gear. What is the Paragon?
Posted By: OzHemi

Re: Chrysler Marine BB oil pump cover - 04/28/13 12:36 AM

I had one of those too...along with the cast aluminum oil pan, and cast iron timing cover off a marine 440 I had.

Attached picture 7684711-008.JPG
Posted By: B5 Bee

Re: Chrysler Marine BB oil pump cover - 04/28/13 01:26 AM

Quote:

Paragon trans? Most of the Chrysler Marine engine packages included the Borg Warner "Velvet Drive" which is essentially an auto trans with a pump and one forward and one reverse gear. What is the Paragon?

It's not uncommon to find PL or PLV series Paragon transmissions behind Chrysler Marine 440's. Borg Warner V-D's seems to be most common with 318 Marines.

Posted By: Commando1

Re: Chrysler Marine BB oil pump cover - 04/28/13 02:04 PM

I haven't a freekin clue wth you guys are talking about..
© 2024 Moparts Forums