Moparts

proportioning valve flush ?

Posted By: RebelDart

proportioning valve flush ? - 04/27/13 01:49 PM

Don't scold me, I've done that to myself enough. I bead blasted the prop valve and thought I had all holes plugged/capped , missed one somehow and caught it mid way through the process ..... can I flush this thing out and whats the best way ? 73 B body , not the brass jobs. Also need to flush lines ..........
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: proportioning valve flush ? - 04/27/13 02:47 PM

We dont scold people here, at least not until the weekend rolls around & the haters (on here) come alive. Shop air/solvent to clean it out & same for the brake lines. I hear denatured alcohol is very good for that also.
Posted By: therocks

Re: proportioning valve flush ? - 04/27/13 06:01 PM

Brake clean is great.Then run some clean brake fluid thru it.Leave the ports open that go to the line hook it up and let the fluid go thru them after you use air and brake clean.Rocky
Posted By: RebelDart

Re: proportioning valve flush ? - 05/02/13 11:00 PM

Thanks guys.
Posted By: burdar

Re: proportioning valve flush ? - 05/03/13 12:06 AM

Have you seen the exploded view of that style valve? The valve can be completely taken apart for cleaning. That's what I'd do. Then it's just a matter of spraying it out with brake clean and compressed air.

Look here...
https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/upload2/7489638-poportioningvalve.jpg
Posted By: Curt

Re: proportioning valve flush ? - 05/03/13 12:53 AM

My concern about disassembly is the potential swelling of the rubber components inside the assembly... Kinda makes it hard to put back together... Been there, done that.
Curt
Posted By: ERAT340

Re: proportioning valve flush ? - 05/14/13 02:49 AM

Does anyone know of a rebuild/ O ring kit for the cast proportioning valves?
© 2024 Moparts Forums