Moparts

torsion bar install ?

Posted By: challengerx

torsion bar install ? - 11/30/08 03:35 PM

Ok, I have the K frame bolted to the car with all susp parts together except the uca are not connected to the spindles. I have the t bars through the crossmember. The lca are hanging all the way down. I put the t bars in the lca sockets and that went fine but now I can't lift the lca to meet up with the ball joint in the uca. Do I have to have the lca raised a little and if you do how do you make it even side to side. Thanks
Posted By: mousefink

Re: torsion bar install ? - 11/30/08 03:55 PM

installing teh torsion bars should be the very last step you do when reassmbling the suspension.if teh torsion bars are in the lca's,it makes it hard to move them into position.becauseyou are trying to move the contorl arms against the torsion bar tension,even with the adjusting bolts backed off.
Posted By: challengerx

Re: torsion bar install ? - 11/30/08 04:08 PM

ok thanks I will connect the uca to the spindle and give it a try. Also anything I need to know about connecting the ball joint to the spindle, it looks like the ball joint boot has some type of notch on the bottom is this there for a reason. Can you tell I have never done this before.
Posted By: dirtybee

Re: torsion bar install ? - 11/30/08 06:00 PM

i think the notch is an escape route for any excess grease to squeez out from. make sure it faces AWAY from the brakes. and be sure the t-bar adjuster bolt is backed all the way out and the uca bump stop is removed before inserting the t-bar.
Posted By: moepwr

Re: torsion bar install ? - 12/01/08 04:10 AM

Make sure the adjustment bolts on the lca are lined up. you have to be able to adjust. Sounds obvious but

I agree do the torsion bars last.
© 2024 Moparts Forums