Moparts

´67 Barracuda wiper switch and wiper motor...

Posted By: Heimo572

´67 Barracuda wiper switch and wiper motor... - 04/04/13 04:56 PM

Having a problem with wipers. Took a wiper motor from ´67 Belvedere which I believe to be 2-speed (red, blue and brown wire). Then I have a switch and think it might be 3-speed (7 wires) but I can only find "two klicks" from it. Wipers only work sometimes in left position, in middle and right position nothing happens. Mostly wipers dont work at all from the switch.

Could I have bad or wrong switch or even wrong motor for barracuda ? In wiring diagram there seems to be red, blue, brown and green wires going to wiper motor and wiring to switch is just like my barracuda has.

Attached picture 7654219-image.jpeg
Posted By: ghostrider

Re: ´67 Barracuda wiper switch and wiper motor... - 04/09/13 04:52 AM

The Abodies could have the variable speed wiper setup in 67.
Posted By: BCSharp

Re: ´67 Barracuda wiper switch and wiper motor... - 04/09/13 06:19 AM

I will add this from my own experience. I have a 67 Barracuda with the variable speed motor. The switch has a couple clicks then a rheostat action to it. It had a later 3 speed motor wired in with the original variable speed switch and didn't work right. I obtained an original 67 (only? Can't remember) variable speed motor and it works correctly with the switch. Basically seems you need to ensure your switch/wiring matches the motor your using.
© 2024 Moparts Forums